Sunday, August 16, 2026

Couple of Diamond Art projects..........

I was in Michael's craft store the other month and stumbled upon a section with items that were designed by Johnathan Adler.  Now I have no idea who the heck he is, nor am I interested, but there were some things I fell in love with, including the diamond art kit that I made in the photo.  This is not a great photo of it, as it is framed and behind glass, so you can see the reflections.  However you can see the piece here online.

It took a little while to do, but was very straight forward and is really nice in person.  Also what was nice, was I was able to buy an off the shelf frame to put it in.  It is 16 inches by 20 inches, so a nice size.

The poppy print was given to me by a friend who was visiting Austria (I think), and is so pretty.

Then I had the girls visiting, so picked up some crafts, and one of the crafts was a set of three bookmarks to make again from the Johnathan Adler collection.  The one below was the one I kept, and the girls got one each as well.  Super simple and a very fast make.
Have you done any diamond art work?


9 comments:

Sandra said...

I really like the first one. I have no idea what diamond art is, I'm not a crafter, but I sure like the results.

Jeanie said...

I've never even seen anything like this. It's quite lovely!

50 and counting said...

My local Michael's was clearing his stuff out at 50% off, so I bought a needlepoint pouch to do.

I aked the cashier about him. She said he was American and his stuff wasn't selling well and that's why it was marked down. Some very strange designs, so you have to be selective.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I bought a beautiful Diamond Art project hoping the RC would delve into it, but he put it in the closet and obviously has no interest. I might like it but I'd rather spend my time in my sewing room.

DB Stewart said...

It's new to me, but it looks terrific. Well done.

Jane said...

I had to Google to see what diamond art was. It sounds very time‑consuming, but the picture shows it was worth it. That's very lovely.

Dreaming said...

I love the texture of diamond art. I've made a few. One was a fall print that was 18" x 24". I loved it. But...the practice is so addictive that I kept saying, "one more color" or "one more section".! I actually aggravated my tennis elbow and had to put the bigger print aside for a while! Your pictures make me think I need to see about doing another.....

Jackie said...

While I have not done any diamond art, I know a few people who just love to do them and what they manage to make is gorgeous.

God bless.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

I have seen diamond art cards on a couple of blogs. This is beautiful, Gill.

Not feeling the best.........

  Have a super weekend and will be back next week some time.............