Monday, August 24, 2026

1980's Bedding Trend on the way back.........

As per this article, bed valances are coming back in trend.  In case you have forgotten what they look like this is an example:

(image credit)

I do remember these and I remember all our beds having them.  As we don't use duvet's on our beds and honestly I think valances are a dust trap, I for one will be passing on this trend.  I also remember have valances on all our windows as well.

Do you have bed valances?  Do you remember them?  Will you be jumping on this trend?


10 comments:

My Piece of Earth said...

There is one on my bed at the moment. I remember them as being called a dust ruffle, to keep the dust bunnies from under the bed.

Anne in the kitchen said...

That would be a big NO for me.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

A no for me too - I remember one coming with a 'bed in a bag' I bought once so I thought I'd try it. Putting clean sheets on the bed was a lesson in frustration trying to work around the stupid ruffle. Never again!

Sandra said...

I use them but they are called a bed shirt. Mine are not ruffle but flat. I use them because I have storage under the bed and don't want it visible.

Lowcarb team member said...

I've always had a valance on the bed ...

All the best Jan

kate steeper said...

errr still using them , my bed is very ugly...lol

Barbara said...

I have one on my bed. As Sandra said, I use it to hid the under bed storage.

Everydaythings said...

Def a NO from me too! who wants to go back to the 80's with this dust trap?

Gill said...

I've got valances on our beds as I can't bear seeing the bed base. Xx

angela said...

I used to have them but got rid of them when the trend died. Yeah I’m not in a hurry to get them back. They were great for hiding all the mess under the kids beds.

Sunday.........

  (image credit) Hubby's birthday today, celebrating with family, so a happy day for us.  Hope it's a lovely day for you! Sorry for ...