Friday, October 29, 2021

Teaspoon Fairy

Will get to the teaspoon fairy in a minute.

Been busy with trying to get the outside all "put too bed," for the winter this week.  Have to say I am nearly there.  The one major thing that still needs to be done is all the leaves raked up.  There is only one problem though, due to the weather being unseasonably warm, the leaves are still on the tree!

We finally got a little bit of frost on the ground the other morning, so they are starting to drop.  Had the sprinkler guys round yesterday for 20 minutes to blow out the sprinklers.  $113 later, but hubby's compressor isn't really big enough to blow them out in one fell swoop.  Also paid for next years feed and weed lawn service, $350 later.  They are supposed to be coming round with a Fall fertilizer application that I got for free when I pay up front for the next year.  Also got 10% discount for paying before the end of October.  Every little helps.

Now for the teaspoon fairy.  I was talking to my mother the other day and she had just come in from grocery shopping.  I was telling her I had just popped to the store to pick a couple of things up and had spent $40 and had only one bag of shopping to show for it.  Though one of the things I had bought were some teaspoons.  It turns out I am not the only one who has the teaspoon fairy visit their house and take a few teaspoons with her when she leaves.  My mother has the same one visit her.  

Teaspoons seem to disappear in a poof of smoke around here.  My mother was agreeing as she has the same problem.  When I was looking for an image to add to this post I came across this book:


I would have bought this book, but it's in Spanish and only on Kindle over at Amazon.  I neither understand Spanish, nor have a Kindle.  

Do you have a teaspoon fairy visit your house?  Or is it a knife, fork or other utensil fairy?





6 comments:

My Piece of Earth said...

The paring knife fairy came to my house in the Spring. Oh! how I loved that knife, all the times I have been out shopping since then, (which is not many) I have not found one that is as good as that one the fairy took. I suspect it was smuggled out of the kitchen in the potato peelings and deposited in the composter, so she could come back later and carry it away unnoticed.

Caree Risover said...

We have the whole family living in our home: knife, fork and spoon fairies. I'm actually relieved the teaspoon fairy is away visiting you at present (she's the worst of them all).I'm only hoping she'll get lost on her way back and we never see her again

Rose said...

I have a silverware fairy at my house...always have. It used to be forks...now it seems to be butter knives. I have bought some of those twice recently. I did not mind that she took the first ones I bought. I did not like them anyway, but they were all they had where I could buy single ones.

William Kendall said...

Since I live alone, it's never an issue for me.

Jackie said...

When the boys were growing up the teaspoon fairy disappeared with many of our spoons.

I started working at the school and opened the drawer to get a spoon for a student to use.... guess what I found all the spoons the fairy made off with. I collected them all.

God bless.

Winifred said...

We haven't lost much stuff since our children left home but we did lose a little shapr knife. Must have been thrown out with the peelings.

It does look a nice book. You could always use Google Translate. It's quite good and the language will be simple. Maybe the grandchildren will be learning Spanish before too long.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...