Sunday, October 10, 2021

Back walking........

I am back walking again.  I managed just under 24 miles last week, which wasn't a bad start.  I just got a new fitbit, the Inspire 2.

It's one of the low tech one, I have no need for anything high tech and so far so good.

Despite having new walking shoes I am suffering with extensor tendonitis which is a pain, literally😒  


It's because I have just started walking and I suffer from tightness in my calf muscles.

The only problem with all this walking is how much I notice around the subdivision where we live!!  Gosh some people need to tidy up there places.  We are lucky our immediate neighbours make an effort.  It would drive me potty living next to untidy people.

One new thing I am seeing with walking is the amount of discarded masks.........I counted 5 the other day on my walk.  Not sure if it's from the kids or the adults.  As they are not just discarded where the kids get on the school buses?  

When the weather is bad I go on our treadmill.  At the moment I am watching Glow Up on Netflix while on the treadmill, it makes the time go faster!

Both kids have bought Peloton bikes which look really neat.  However as I am not a huge fan of exercise at the best of time........I am not going down that path and investing that amount of money!!

What is your preferred form of exercise?



4 comments:

Jackie McGuinness said...

None!! But I do enjoy walking around Toronto neighbourhoods. I am not a fan of walking my neighbourhood though, even if we are by the lake. It is too boring for me. I'd rather do city walking where I can poke into places.

William Kendall said...

Walking and swimming are my preferred exercise.

angela said...

Swimming. To gently on the body but helps with my back pain immensely
I lose weight and tone up as well.
If I swim regularly, like I used to before covid I was then able to walk.
During our extensive lockdown the pools have been closed so no swimming is more pain and
I can’t walk far or I need to use a cane
I’m hoping the backslide isn’t permanent and I can get back to where I was

Maggie said...

I suffer with Achilles tendinitis so feel your pain. Unfortunately I've had a really bad bout of it recently together with bursitis and walking any distance was too painful. I've been trying out yoga, at home, and it seems to have helped, i'm not a huge fan of yoga and i'm not very flexible, lol, but i'm persevering. My preferred exercise would be in the gym, I used to love it but neither my knees or my ankles would thank me now i don't think.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...