Tuesday, February 16, 2010

English Paper Piecing and another birthday!!......

Want to wish my mam a Happy Birthday for today...........hope she has a great day.

I was busy finishing of my table topper on Monday.  All the hexagons are hand sewn together, then appliqued on top of the material. I machine quilted it to finish it off. (click on the photos for a larger photo)

This is the front:


This is the back:

Close up of the back:

I was thinking I may sell this in the summer for around $50 to $60, what do you think?

I also finished a small tablemat, it's approx. 8 inches accross.  I hoped to get maybe $10 for this.  This is all hand sewn and has a heavy duty interfacing between the fabric layers........

The front:

The back:


I also took a couple of cuttings from the Fensham Lemon Geranium, again to hopefully sell in the summer.

Did you remember to put your money in your Daily Savings Pot today?

Money Saving Tip:

Looking for a sewing or quilting pattern?  Check the internet there are a lot of free patterns online; or go to the library and check out a book on sewing or quilting.  Same with knitting patterns look online.

Know someone who quilts, knits or sews, see if they will swap patterns with you!

7 comments:

Kcalpesh said...

Beautiful! A lot of such art has also been seen in India...

Pixellicious Photos

Jo said...

happy birthday to your mum.

the table topper looks great, was the machine quilting easy to do?

Josie x

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Prairie Farmstead Ponderings said...

Yowzer, Gill! That is a lot of work, but very beautiful. I hope you get the price you're wishing for ~ I don't see why you wouldn't!

Karine said...

Both your pieces are beautiful Gill!!! I'm sure you could get your asking price for them :o)

DeniseinVA said...

Hi Gill, Happy Birthday to your Mam. I thought your table topper was beautiful too by the way. I think I have my comment problem solved. I'm using a different laptop. All I have to do is get used to the keyboard as I keep making so many typo's, but that won't take long and I am so happy I can comment on your blog again :)

Sandi McBride said...

Have you an Etsy Shop that you might put some of your work up to sell Gill? I know that I for one would buy a piece of that lovely applique...
Sandi

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...