Sunday, January 17, 2010

Alive and well, and other things......

I'm feeling a lot better as I am starting to whine again.  So I will get the whining over and done with first.

Why is it dentists always want you to answer questions when your mouth is full of instruments, and then get ticked when they can't understand you????  Hello.......my mouth is full of stuff.......

Must say I am grateful I went to an oral surgeon, as this tooth didn't want to leave my body without a struggle and he had to get the old drill out to break it up, so no tooth fairy money for me {{SIGH}}  The two roots had "bulbous" things on them, as per the dentist and they were hanging on for grim death.  Due to that he had to slice open my gum and then stitch it up.....oh with only one stitch........but I'm looking for sympathy here, so have to make it sound worse than it is....LOL

Despite the fact I was told no dairy products at all, I ended up having a cup of lukewarm tea with milk in it and a banana pudding as I was starving, and I am still here to tell the tale.  I bet you're all muttering to yourself, thank god she doesn't have that much wrong with her!!!  By the way my knee is fine again, go figure.  Mind you as I said the other day, I can only concentrate on one thing at a time!! My mouth is feeling good and is on the mend.

This "song" and notice how I put it in quotes, will no doubt be a hit!!! I love American Idol by the way, especially the auditions, as some of them are just so very funny.



Now my dad has been busy making birdhouses.  Here are three, just need your opinions, would you buy one (don't worry I am not selling them to you...LOL) and if so what would you pay for them?    I think they are for specific types of birds, but don't remember, and as my dad and step-mum are on their way down to Alabama for two months, lucky ducks, so until I hear from them I can't ask them.  I am sure the top one if for a wren though.  No idea about the other two.  I'll post some more tomorrow. 




Did you remember to put your money in your Daily Savings Pot?  Can you believe we are half way through the month already?  Let me know how much you have saved already? 

Today's Money Saving Tip, and it's a good one I think:

Buy appliances based on reliability, not what’s cheapest at the store. It’s worth the time to do a bit of research when you buy a new appliance. A reliable, energy efficient washer and dryer might cost you quite a bit now, but if it continually saves you energy and lasts for fifteen years, you’ll save significant money in the long run. When you need to buy an appliance, research it – start with back issues of Consumer Reports at the library. An hour’s worth of research can easily save you hundreds of dollars.

13 comments:

Tracey said...

What a traumatic experience!! & all those stitches....LOL. I still think you're brave.
I love the bird houses & yes I'd buy one...xxx

Toria said...

Owww, and not even a tooth fairy visit for comfort. I should ask my daughter to share - she's had 3 tooth fairy visits in the last 10 days. We now call her the toothless terror :-).

BadPenny said...

eww - too much information about the tooth.

My son went white at the dentist's waiting to go in as another boy in the waitingroom was describing his treatment in great detail !

Great birdhouses !

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I think that is funny about the dentist too!

Also, I'm an American Idol fan, unfortunately we have on a TV and a VCR, so I get what clips I can from the internet and if someone has mercy on me, they record it for me. Can't wait for this season!

The birdhouses are beautiful!

DeniseinVA said...

Well you have my sympathy. I've been in that dentist chair - yes my own dentist's chair and was told "Damn you have long roots!", this as he was yanking my tooth out like he's pulling a plant out of the garden with roots down to other side of the planet. Your Dad's birdhouses are lovely, and yes I would buy one.

Karine said...

I'm glad you're feeling better :o)

As for the bird houses, they're lovely! I would definitely buy one, Your dad is very talented!

chksnowqueen said...

Good to hear that you are on the mend and your tooth ordeal is on its way to being behind you.

Lovely birdhouses, but I wouldn't buy one - only because my cat is a terrific hunter and I wouldn't want to tempt him any more than he already is to chase the birds. I keep telling him he can catch all the mice he wants, but to leave the birdies alone!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Glad you're feeling better and on the mend!! I'll leave the dentist question alone...I don't know why I always ask patients questions when there are 10 things in their mouth....By the way, I would buy the birdhouses!!

MyBulletinBoard said...

The houses are darling. They sell like hotcakes down here. My bil makes some. Don't know what he charges for his. Is your dad going to sell them on eBay?

Liz, in the warmer Republic

Unknown said...

Poor you! Just the thought of the dentist is enough to give me the vapours!
Pretty bird houses, I especially like the top one (wren house) Yes I would buy one.

Take care Vicky x

Scrappy quilter said...

Glad you're on the mend. Not sure what I'd charge for the birdhouses. Love them though.

Love your tip for today. We have always found it so very true. Hugs

CannedAm said...

I would buy those bird houses! They're beautiful! Whoever builds and paints them is quite talented!

the tooth...egads! That's horrible! That's the kind of stuff that makes me nervous about the dentist.

Thanks for posting that video! I hadn't seen it and I kept hearing people quoting this "song" and had no clue what they were talking about. You're right...this one isn't going to disappear anytime soon. LOL

Did you know my cousin was a finalist on Season 4? It's true! Everyone hated him, but it was just they way they portrayed him ... funny how a bit of editing and moving things around can make nothing into something. Scott Savol, btw. :)

Decadent Housewife said...

SCORE with the jewelery!
The birdhouses are just so cute. Glad to see you are feeling back to yourself.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...