Sunday, April 1, 2018

Walking month end check in........

The month of March just flew by didn't it?  Still cold here and no sign of it getting much warmer any time soon.  So still wrapped up in my winter layers when walking.

I walked 122.65 miles in March to bring my yearly total to 339.18 miles.  I am hoping the warmer it gets the more miles I will walk each month.  However today (April 1st) we have snow forecast, so not sure how many miles I will be walking today?  Did my usual 40 minute walk this morning, but that may be it.

Now for my weight loss, it has been and up and down month.  With having the colonoscopy and then the stomach flu, I had a weight loss of 5 lbs at one point, but everything has evened out and I ended the month with a 2 1/2 lb weight loss to bring my total up to 42 lbs or 3 stones for the British crew.

Bit disappointed in myself, but onwards and upwards as they say.

How did you do this month?

6 comments:

Patricia in London said...

Walking for the month of March was pitiful, to say the least. A cold kept me down for almost ten days, and the weather did not co-operate either, hate walking when the wind is cold. Mum still in hospital, and unfortunately will be until a room becomes available in a nursing home, so visits to her three times a week. Hopefully, warmer weather will find me walking more, my plan is to do two each day, one in the morning and another after dinner.
Happy Easter to you and your family.

Patricia

Jane said...

I've been walking the trails a lot but don't keep track of mileage or weight lost. Perhaps if I did I'd be more motivated! As it is I just try to move my body everyday!

Northern Living Allowance said...

Well done, Gill! It's harder when it's miserable out (it's basically all rain, all the time here at the moment), but I'm quite pleased that I've managed to get out for a walk at lunchtime. There's a loop in town that takes 20-30 mins and gets me back in time to eat (I get an hour for lunch). It's not much, but it's a start and I find my head clearer for the long afternoon ahead. Keep up the great work - it's very inspiring! xx

Jane Karwat said...

Hi Gill. I found this month was tough because I keep hoping for a little warmer weather. I walked 115 miles this month which is more than I thought. Here's hoping for some warm weather.

Jackie said...

We still have so much ice and snow here that I am still not walking ant great distances. I do hope that this month gets better..... But there is snow forecast once again for the end of the week here in my little corner of Saskatchewan.

You are doing very well on the weight loss front.

God bless.

William Kendall said...

I don't really keep track of how much I walk in a day, but I'm out there each day.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...