Friday, April 6, 2018

"Hello, is this Mother Nature's answering machine?"

"I just wanted to remind you that the calendar says it's Spring now?  As when I look outside I see this?"

"Yes that is snow coming down, not dandelion seeds.  Not sure what is going on up there, but this week you have given us sun, gale force winds, freezing cold temperatures, thunder storms, rain, freezing rain, ice pellets and now snow.  If you're trying to confuse me you're doing a great job.  My poor spring bulbs, are in a right old dither, not sure if they should stay above ground, or dive back under the soil?"

"I just wanted to let you know, I am over Winter; truly I am.  All I want to see are some warmer temperatures, sun and the odd spring shower.  As we all know Spring Showers, bring May flowers."

"So please Mother Nature, show us your good side and no more of this snow and freezing temperatures, please?  I hope you get this message, as I know you didn't get my last one!'

7 comments:

TrishWish said...

Just the same here! Been nice today but so wet the veg garden is sticky and difficult to dig. Bulbs now out but at least 2 weeks late.

William Kendall said...

We got those high winds. I'm imagining since we're a few hours east we'll get more snow sometime soon.

50 and counting said...

-18 with a windchill factor of -28 when I left for work this morning.

Oh, the joys of spring.

mamasmercantile said...

Much the same confusion here, I am ever hopeful things will change.

Evelyn said...

a sea of white outside this morning, i am so over this!

Jane said...

Groan!!! We've had snow that past three days!! Last night I came out of the gym where I had been playing volleyball to find a winter wonderland of snow and ice. I was wearing running shoes and capri tights while scraping off the car. I am so sick of this weather!!

Stella said...

Same here in Iowa. Suppose to get snow Sunday.

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...