Saturday, April 21, 2018

All done, and I am super pleased.......

As I told you the other day I was making myself a bag.  I am a HUGE fan of Vera Bradley bags, so this is my take on that type of bag.  I used this pattern for the basic shape and altered it to suit me.

I started with this:
 and I ended up with this:
I added a tie detail on the sides, as I have that on one of my other bags and it is an easy detail to add in.
There are six pockets inside, all five inches wide; but two depths, 4 inches and 6 inches.  The pockets are stiffened to make them more substantial and are lined.
I made larger more substantial handles out of cork.  They are around 22 inches in length and are just over 1 inch wide.  I used a button as a closure, but may experiment with other closures on other bags.  The bottom of the bag, is also cork.
Too pad the bag, I used this product.  It's hard to see but it's more like foam, with the some sort of glue on the back (right of photo) that when ironed melts and sticks to the fabric.  This product is ideal for bags, but I can't remember what it is called.  I would use it again and will get the name of it when I am in the store again next month.
Overall for my first attempt I am very happy.

9 comments:

William Kendall said...

Well done! It looks good.

Anonymous said...

You were always creative. Kris says Hi

Joy said...

Oh, wow, it is really lovely!
J x

mamasmercantile said...

It looks good, I love the fabric.

Evelyn said...

great job!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Well done! It looks lovely and very well made. You could go into business.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Cute Bag!

Jackie said...

Very nice. I would be super pleased with it as well. You did a great job.

God bless.

Rose said...

Nice job on your bag!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...