Saturday, April 21, 2018

Zippers........

I took a short two hour course on how to sew in zippers the other day.  I will say although useful, for me it didn't really help much, as this was more geared to sewing in zippers in clothing.  I did learn a couple of tricks which I can and will apply to what I sew. (I have put links on each zipper, so you can see for yourself how it is done.)

The first one we did was a centred zip.

 The we did a lapped zip.



Then an invisible zip
 You do need a special invisible zip foot for your machine for this one.  I just borrowed the one from the store.
 The lady at the store used this quilters tape so you could be more accurate with your stitching.  I picked some up, as it will come in handy also for other things.
We did talk about having a class that was designed more for zippers in household items rather than clothing.  I would be interested in taking that if it comes up.

Are you confidant when it comes to sewing zippers in items?

5 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Not really, I just go for it and hope for the best.

Evelyn said...

I wish i could sew zippers so I wouldn't have to keep throwing away favourite clothes when zippers break

William Kendall said...

I'd be out of my depth trying that.

barbara woods said...

I learned to do dress zippers long ago but still can't do a good job with pouch's

chriscesar said...

Zippers are just my nightmare!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...