Monday, April 23, 2018

Insect Houses

They must be the new "in thing" at the moment as there was an area dedicated to them at the garden centre.  I took a few photos as I thought they were really neat.

This one was huge, and I couldn't see the price tag, but I am guessing if you were concerned about price you wouldn't be buying this one..........

 This one was $39.99 so the one above would probably be $300 or more.
 I loved the green accent on these ones.  I don't think they would be too hard to make?  I should mention it to dh to see about making one for me.
 This one is a ladybug/ladybird house, something I had never seen before.
Do you have an insect house?

7 comments:

Joy said...

No, I don't, but they are rather lovely, aren't they?
J x

Evelyn said...

I wonder how they work and why insects are drawn to them?

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I have never heard of one but I certainly like the ladybug house!

William Kendall said...

They're creative!

mamasmercantile said...

I have looked at something similar here but was put off by the price, they are certainly ipressive.

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

I made my own a few years ago, old bits of wood, bricks, hollow stems etc. Mine stood on the ground, fun for kids to examine. http://www.craftygardener.ca/building-bug-flats/

chriscesar said...

I have two abandoned hollow blocks that allowed the ants to build a mega thunderbolt. For the rest i let the bugs build their own homes in the garden :)

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...