Wednesday, April 4, 2018

That time of year again........

We go to a fund raiser most years at an art gallery in Whitby called the Station Gallery.    We have missed the past couple of years, but bought tickets for this year.  It's a fun night and you come away with an original piece of art.  They draw your number out of a tombola and you go up and pick your piece of art from what is left.  You hope you are first to be chosen!!  Been near the top and right down the bottom at these events.

I thought I would share with you a link to the pieces of art that are up for grabs, here.  

I will say on my first run through the photos, I said "good lord," a few times 😕 but overall there are a few pieces I wouldn't mind bringing home.  We are lucky as we don't like the "far out" type of art which a lot of people who go to the fundraiser do.  So landscapes, florals and watercolours are my usual choices.  

Have a look and see if any say "I must take you home," to you.  Meanwhile I will have another look through and see what catches my eye!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/121354455@N05/sets/72157694519689044

7 comments:

Patricia said...

Quite an assortment of pictures, only a few I would consider choosing. Guess I am not "Artsy Fartsy enough for most of them.
Good luck hope you are able to choose one you like.

William Kendall said...

Some work for me, particularly the flag.

Jackie said...

There are a few pieces that could make it home with me. Like you there were a few (well perhaps more than a few) that I wondered why!!!!

God Bless.

Anonymous said...

I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honesdt but your blogs really nice, keep it up!
I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back in the future.
All the best

mamasmercantile said...

Some I liked better than others but yes I could bring a few home.

Margie from Toronto said...

I do rather like the last one on Page 1 by Sara Shaw and the one of the 3 pitchers in white, grey & red (I love having some artwork in my kitchen and that one would be perfect). Good luck and enjoy yourself.

Rose said...

I do agree with you...afraid this is one year there was more that I would not want than ones I loved.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...