Monday, April 2, 2018

My new sewing machine........

Finally got around to taking some photos for you.  I ended up purchasing a Husqvarna Sapphire 930 machine.  The guy at the store was recommending the Sapphire 965Q, but that one was much too complicated for me and had more on it than I would use.  As it is, I have no idea how to use most things on this one.  All machines come with a set of classes to show you what everything does.  The next set doesn't start until May; I will be up front and centre when they start that's for sure.

 I did get the larger sewing bed for free as a March promotion, so that saved me $120.
 Some of the neat features, include the scissors button which automatically cuts your thread for you!  The fix button locks in your thread when you start.  You can start and stop the machine without using your foot, just click that button.  Foot up and foot down, and needle up and down, and you can slow the speed down.  It also has an automatic threader, which I have already broken once........don't ask😕  However now that I have the hang of it, it is very handy!!  As those needle holes are getting smaller and smaller if you ask me.
 This is the main screen to set stitches etc.
 This shows me what stitches I can choose from and on which menu they are on.
One of the best selling machine's in the store where I bought this from is the Husqvarna Designer Epic
Now that little beauty retails for around $16,000.00  Yes you read that right SIXTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS.  You can buy a car for that.  However if you're serious about sewing this is the machine to have.  

I like sewing but I'm not that serious.  So there you go.  Very happy with my purchase, will be even happier when I have had the classes to show me what's what.

9 comments:

Maureen said...

As only another English woman would appreciate....Very posh!

Anonymous said...

A real beauty to own, I'm sure. Now, did they take a trade-in on your other machine?
Bess from Massachusetts

Patricia said...

Nice looking machine, In no time I am sure you will get use to everything it offers.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Looks like you bought the caddy of sewing machines. Enjoy!

Jackie said...

Nice machine. I am sure you will make good use of it.

God bless.

Evelyn said...

She's a beauty of a machine!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

It's amazing what sewing machines can do these days - They sure have come a long way from the basic "Singer" machine that I once had. No wonder you need a class and sometimes a PHD just to use it! --You have to be smarter than it is! :-) I cannot sew (I've tried!) so I really admire your talent Gill, and I've no doubt that you'll create lovely and also fun things that will bring the best of memories too!

William Kendall said...

It sounds like you'll get a lot of use out of it.

~Carla~ said...

Oohhhh!! Nice choice, Gill!! Beautiful!

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...