Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dinner Party........

On Saturday night we had dd future in-laws up for supper along with dd and hubby to be.  We do know them but haven't seen them in a long while, so it was good to catch up with them, and we talked a little about the wedding.

Now I don't know about you, but when inviting people over for supper I prefer to spend time with them, rather than spending all my time in the kitchen?  So I try and make as simple as possible a meal, and Saturday nights meal was no exception.

We had chicken breast stuffed with ricotta and spinach, then wrapped with bacon.  They are baked in a 375 oF oven for 45 minutes.  I also made roasted baby fingerling potatoes, Caesar salad and garlic bread.  For pudding we had wibbly wobbly pudding and with our cup of tea I made carrot cake cupcakes using this recipe.

I was able to prepare everything ahead of time and so I was able to spend more time with our guests.  We have friends coming over in a couple of weeks time and I think I may recreate this recipe for them as well.

What's your favourite dinner party menu?

7 comments:

hapi said...

Hi Gill - That British Woman, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!

Angela said...

I agree - time with guests, not in the kitchen!
I like to serve food where guests can help themselves to veg/salad/etc - that way people with diet issues can avoid too much, and hungry folks can take more.
Dessert - I usually do two things -something rich and filling, and something fresh and healthy [usually a fruit platter or a fresh fruit salad]

And like you, I like to serve a little sweet something with the coffee afterwards. Thanks for carrot cake recipe - I shall try that in cupcakes.

I do hope all wedding plans going well. MY Mum and HIS Mum talked to each other about their outfits so they wouldn't be the same colour, but then went and bought identical cream hats!!

happy Sunday - blessings xx

Valerie said...

I'm intrigued by the fingerling potatoes. Wonder if we have them in the UK?

Kaisievic said...

I love the idea of teacup carrot cakes! What a great idea. My favourite dinner party menu is: antipasto as a starter, osso buco for main and bombe alaska for dessert.

Kaisievic said...

Hi Gill, I love the idea of tea cup carrot cakes - so cute!. My favourite dinner party meal is: antipasto followed by osso buco and bombe alaska for dessert. cheers, Kaye

~Carla~ said...

Yum! Your menu sounds delicious! We rarely have people over for dinner as a dinner party. My BFF is here often, and I keep it simple, organic meat & veggies! :)

Karine said...

That sounds really yummy! I don't really have a favorite dinner party menu, anything goes in my books!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...