Saturday, June 18, 2011

Been busy..............catch up time........

Spent all day Thursday in the garden, which resulted in me catching too much sun and me being in bed before 8pm.  Still got a lot achieved and the garden looks sort of tidy.  Still a mountain of work to be done but better than it has been.

Friday spent all day in the house cleaning......I know shocker......but even I was fed up with wading through the mountain of dust!!  When dh came home he said he was going to do some sanding..........I gave him "the look," and suggested he wait until after the weekend!!  He agreed..........pleased to say "the look," still has the desired effect!!!

On Friday night we attended the Strawberry Supper at the church, yes I persuaded dh to go along.  We had ham with various salads and strawberries, cream, ice cream and a sweet scone, it was yummy.  Plus there was juice to drink and tea and coffee.  Purchased a lemon meringue pie from the bake sale and a couple of things, all in all a good night.

Saturday was our 28th wedding anniversary.  We set off with one plan in mind and ended up doing something completely different, which included going grocery shopping, looking at a couple of stores for a garden swing and various other things.  We got home around 1:30pm and decided to go to the local pub/restaurant for a late lunch.  We have been here before and as the weather was just wonderful we sat out on the patio underneath the magnolia tree, it was perfect.  We both had a lamb burger with goats cheese, mint and capers, with a Cesar Salad.  Dh had a couple glasses of Strongbow Cider, I had orange juice and soda water.  For dessert I had Pavlova with exotic fruits and cream, and dh had rhubarb pie with ice cream.

It was so relaxing and peaceful and a perfect meal.  We got home around 3:30pm. 

We decided to have a go at chopping/shredding some more twigs.  That bloody machine is dangerous.  I kept well back out of the way.  It says it can chop 3 inch twigs.........in reality I would say 1 inch twigs is quite wide enough.  We managed to get three bags done which I want to put underneath my strawberries.  Mind you something is eating my strawberries, and I have a feeling I know who/what.  It has four legs and hops around a lot!!

My dad is coming up tomorrow for Father's Day so I will discuss the ins and outs of this with him.  The kids are also coming up, I am making lunch for them all.  Nothing exciting, just burgers and sausages in the grill, with fingerling potatoes, Cesar salad and coleslaw.  I have to bake though in the morning as dd is having a bake sale at work and nominated me to make something.......thank you dd!!!!  As I pointed out to her she is as capable as me to bake something, but she just doesn't feel like it!!!???!!!

Anyhow to all the dad's out there Happy Father's Day to you all............

9 comments:

angela said...

Happy fathers day to your dad, and a happy anniversary to you. Im glad the look still workds after all these years, gives me hope for the future.

DeniseinVA said...

A good day all round. We managed to do no work around the house and went gallavanting to one of our favorite parks. We walked and walked and walked. By the time we got home, the heat and humidity had done its work and we zoned out in a stupor for the rest of the day.

~Carla~ said...

28 years! That's wonderful! Congratulations!! I hope you have a wonderful day with your family tomorrow! :)

Valerie said...

Sounds like a nice way to spend your anniversary, with good weather as well as food. What are fingerling potatoes?

Jane and Chris said...

Happy Anniversary!
We were married in the same year!
Yesterday we spent trying to keep the groundhogs out of the veggy patch, today, off to church, then call Dad, and then back to work!
Jane x

Shammickite said...

Happy Father's Day to your dear husband.... nice that you were able to get away from the wood chopping and the grass cutting to celebrate your anniversary, the menu sounds delish!

Karine said...

Congratulations on your 28th wedding anniversary, that's wonderful! That strawberry supper and the lunch you had at the pub sounds lovely too!

For keeping rabbits away you can try planting marigolds around the strawberry patch and sprinkling cayenne in front of the line of flowers, it's supposed to be quite effective!

Rose said...

Want to come dust for me??? hehehe I didn't think it would hurt to try...I hate that job.

You have sure been busy...a belated Happy Anniversary to the two of you.

DeniseinVA said...

Forgot to say Happy Anniversary!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...