Thursday, May 27, 2010

Please rain......and some photos........

If it would only rain and then it may break this heat and humidity, and also give my garden a good water.  I am carting buckets of water with the tractor and trailer every night, but its not really enough.  A good down pour will it do it the power of good.

I played hookey from the garden on Wednesday, as it was just too hot.  Dd came up and we went shopping.  Poor dh works in a factory environment and although he is contracted to the place, he has to abide by the rules of the factory; one of them is they have to wear long sleeves at all times, which in this heat is just plain awful.  Dd suggested we get him a top called Under Armour, so we bought him a couple of these  So hopefully he'll be a bit more comfortable.

I had to have bloodwork done, as I have to have a physical at some point this summer.  Anyhow, I went Wednesday morning, and the nurse took one look at my arm and suggested I take a trip to the doctors to have him have a look at it.  So I have an appointment at 2:10pm today.  Personally I think it looks a lot better; but as I have to go to the city on Thursday anyhow, figured I'd kill two birds with one stone.

I picked up a pair of Birkenstocks on Wednesday as well.  Like these ones.  I wear sandals all summer, so I thought the extra support that these one have would help my feet.

After I finished watering on Wednesday night, I took the following photos.  Will say I didn't hang around long though, as the bugs were out and the smell from the cattle farm was "ripe" to say the least!!  All were taken towards the sunset which is northwest of the property.







11 comments:

MyBulletinBoard said...

I'm glad you are going to the doctor! Liz

JohnD said...

We would like some rain also! LOL!

http://www.tourism-australia.net.au/uploads/pics/Whoof_372__Custom_.jpg

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Gill!! I'm catching up on your blog this morning and once again, I love your photos!! Is your header photo from this year? I have a hydrangea, but I know it's either not going to make it or not bloom...But I am also seeing that your words of the day are the same as mine, "hot and humid!" It feels like July here, and we are expecting storms later today.

I hope your tooth is better and your arm continues to heal!

Ann Flower said...

Your blog looks wonderful. The header image of your blog is awesome. It was nice going through your blog.

Tracey said...

For a moment there I thought I'd read that you were playing hockey!!!! Bugger the garden, just sit with your feet in a bucket of cold water!xxx

Stephanie V said...

If we could set up a pipeline from my house to yours, I could share our rain and cool temps. Our garden could use a bit of that heat.

Karine said...

Yech, I hate going to the doctor, which explains why I hardly ever go. Only if something is a bit off do I set foot in the places. I hope they tell you your arm is doing well though!

As for your photos, they're lovely! I hope you do get some rain though, our heat wave cracked a bit last night when a storm rolled through, so I'm hoping that my apartment will be a bit less steamy when I get home!

Anonymous said...

I really thought it was going to storm yesterday but no, no a single drop of water. I've never see the pond in the park nearby so dry.

The Witch said...

Gill,
Yes the smell of the cattle fields and the bugs.(black flies.)
You know your not in the City anymore.
I still wouldn't trade it for a second.
Thought I think I will buy a bug suit this weekend.
Plus I really helping Hubby on getting that screened in gazebo build.
Hope all goes will at the Doctors.

Laurie and Bill said...

We're getting a heat wave also.

My son has worn those Under Armour shirts for heat. College football season starts in the middle of August when heat and humidity are a real problem. The secret is to get them a big snug. They keep the sweat off the skin which in turn keeps you cooler. He loves them!

Nothing beats a great pair of Birkenstocks! I love them!

Hoping that everything turns out okay with the arm. It's good to get it checked out!

Sandi McBride said...

You need to see the Doc sooner rather than later and then tell us what he says! Our rain arrives tomorrow...I'll send you some, shall I? Lovely photos!
Sandi

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...