Saturday, May 1, 2010

Our night out.........

We really enjoyed our night out.  Funny thing was that dd's number was drawn first and she chose this one  there was a groan from a number of people in the crowd, as it was a popular one.

Meanwhile we were beginning to wonder if our number was in the jar, as more and more people got to pick their choices.  We finally had our number called third from the end!!  Thank goodness they had more pieces of art left than tickets, otherwise I could have ended up with a horrible thing.

I have to say all the abstract pieces went fast, and despite the fact we were third from the last I still managed to get my second choice, which was not on my original list.  We came home with this piece:



Just ignore my hand reflection in the photo.  This is by the artist Michael Jack.  I have no idea about the man, but did like this piece and it fits in perfectly in our bedroom.  Also the last five tickets pulled got extra gifts.  We got a necklace and four tickets to a concert at the gallery worth $60.  I gave them to dd, as it's an hour and a half's drive for us.

The place was packed, the snacks were yummy, especially the chocolates...I made sure I taste tested a number of those.........wanted to make sure they were okay for everyone to eat.


Here are some of the sculptures that were included. That silver tree thingy, was the only one I sort of liked, but all but one went.

There's my painting on the bottom left.  I also had the top left and the bottom right on my list as possibles.

Although this is hard to see, maybe click on the photo to enlarge it, this was pretty neat.

So we didn't get in from our night out until after 11pm.  Needless to say on Friday we were pooped, espcially as we had the builders in finishing off the job.  I will post more about what the builders did etc. on Sunday.
Here is my column for the Orangeville Banner for this week!

10 comments:

MyBulletinBoard said...

I love your new painting. That is beautiful! Feel like I could drift off to some mysterious place in it, far, far away.

Liz, The Republic

Tracey said...

Beautiful painting! The woman in the mac is me really! You're much too slim...xxx

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely painting, something I would have chosen too. Looked like a great evening.

BadPenny said...

great fun

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Sounds like a great evening Gill and you have a lovely painting too to remind you of it. A

Scrappy quilter said...

I too love your new painting. Looks like a fun evening. Hugs

John Going Gently said...

good night out.....lots of people.......! you must of felt very excited
x

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh! What fun and it is a very nice painting.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

After how busy you've been, I'm glad you had such a nice night and now have a lovely painting to remind you of it Gill!!

Curator by Day said...

It's always wonderful to hear that a chosen artwork finds an appreciative home. Congratualtions on your new acquisition!

http://curatorbyday.wordpress.com

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...