Monday, May 17, 2010

I was banned from the garden on Sunday....

It was me who banned myself, as I had some sewing to do, and it had to be done by Tuesday.  I did manage to get it done and was finished by mid afternoon.  However I did end up scorching the white material with the iron :0(  Does anyone have any ideas how to remove scorch marks from material?

So after supper I went out in the garden and I planted my tomatoes and peppers in the new garden, and planted my broccoli plants in the main veggie plot.





I then cut some more grass......yes it's a never ending job!!  I then took some photos of the view from the back of the house.






Notice the monarch butterfly on the lilac bush; I couldn't get a close shot.






My goal's in the garden this week, are to plant another row of potatoes.  Plant the rest of the veggies I have started from seed.  Cut more grass.  Weed the flower gardens.  Dh put the blade on the brushcutter for me, so I want to tackle the more overgrown parts of the garden with that.  I have the peony beds to sort out as well.  The list is a mile long but I guess it will get done at some point!

I also wanted to thank you all for continuing to come by and commenting.  I really appreciate it.


8 comments:

MyBulletinBoard said...

I gather you didn't move to the country for the slower paced life.

Seriously, it all looks beautiful!

Liz, The Republic

LHA said...

You do have an incredibly beautiful view from your garden!

Decadent Housewife said...

Love the outside clock. Our lilacs are nearly finished. Scorch marks I've never been able to resolve.

QuiltedSimple said...

You've been busy. what lovely views you have from your house
kris

Stella Jones said...

How are the geraniums coming along? They looked a bit tired when I last saw them?
Lovely garden you have and very green, just like in England.
Blessings, Star

DeniseinVA said...

Such pretty photos Gill, lovely scenery a pretty one of the butterfly and the lilacs. I also enjoyed the look of your veggie plot. Hope someone gives you a good idea on how to remove that scorch mark. I would be interested in that myself.

Kim said...

This is one site I found when I googled it.

http://cleaning.tips.net/Pages/T004280_Removing_a_Scorch_Mark_on_Fabric.html

Hope you get the scorch mark out.

I love the look of your land :)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Your property is really beautiful Gill!! I hope you're taking time to sit and enjoy it!! :-))

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...