Tuesday, May 4, 2010

This bloody grass is on steroids!

Here we are in the first week of May, and I'm already complaining about the grass.  I mean the field is like a hay field.  I had to cut the front lawn again on Monday and I had just done it on Saturday.  Now under the front lawn is the septic bed; however its not squishy on the lawn, nor are there any floaters!!  However the front lawn seems to love having that spetic bed underneath it, as it's grows like crazy!!

I was out and about on Monday and had to pop into Lowes for some Tuck Tape when I noticed these half dead bulbs.  So I asked how much they wanted for them, and they said 50 cents per pot.  I picked up 9 pots of tulips, each with 5 tulips in them, and 2 pots of mini daffodils.  I will let them completely die and will then replant them in the fall.  I have a place for them, I thought it was a great deal.


Here is a close up of the daffodil.
This is a close up of the tulips.


The goal for this week is to try and get more grass cut and try and get more of the veggie garden planted....oh and clean the house, do the laundry, cook gourmet meals and promote world peace and save the world in my spare time..........and if that isn't enough, I'll sweep up as I'm going along!

Isn't that what everyone does everyday? ;0)

Enjoy your Tuesday........

9 comments:

Tracey said...

I'd gave up on the world peace bit! All the other stuff is achievable for a super woman like you though! Instead of keep cutting the grass leave it to grow & have beautiful meadows?! xxx

Stephanie V said...

That's a great bargain. I'll bet you can hardly wait for next spring to see them begin their journey.
Oh, that's after the grass is cut, of course. World peace may take just a little longer.

Sandra said...

I love rescuing "almost dead" plants from the shops as well:) What a joy to see them heal or come to life the next year.

MyBulletinBoard said...

Sounds like you need a real tractor with a mower attachment. Make sure you get another hat with flaps, one to wear and one to wash. You'll never be without!

Liz, The Republic

Jenn Jilks said...

I've been growing clover rather than grass. The ducklings graze on it for me!

Kim said...

Isn't it too soon to plant outside? We are expecting frost on Monday.

I haven't planted anything yet although my chives from last year are going crazy (oh and I transplanted some hostas).

I will be buying veggies this weekend hopefully, but not sure about putting them in yet.

Elizabeth said...

The grass IS growing incredibly fast and so are the accompanying dandelions! I can't complain about the good weather (and even the rain) making it all happen, though.

Laurie and Bill said...

You're getting a lot done even with having to cut that grass on steroids!

Your comment about "I'll sweep up as I'm going along" made me laugh so hard. It reminded me of my dear grandmother (may she RIP) who had an expression she used whenever she had too much to do: "Why don't we stick a broom up my butt and I'll sweep the floor while I'm at it."

Oh, boy, I hope I didn't offend you by 'saying' that! But it most definitely reminded me of her when you mentioned that at the end of your post! LOL!

Karine said...

You got a great deal on those bulbs! My mom used to buy some every year until she got sick and tired of the squirrels digging them up and eating them lol

As for your grass needing to be mowed so much, it reminds me of how my dad used to cut the grass at Notre-Dame-des-Neiges cemetery here in Montreal as a teenager. He would go over the whole thing with a hand mower(not even a sit-down mower) with some other students and by the time they got through, they'd have to start all over again...all 343 acres of it.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...