Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Busy in the garden....

Didn't get in from the garden until 8:15pm last night, so by the time I had, had a shower etc., I was too tired to write a post for the blog.

I do have a couple more jobs crossed off my list though.  All the flower gardens have been weeded.  I have planted 20 of my Gladiolus bulbs.  Have another 40 more to plant though; not too sure where at the moment. 

I got the firepit cleaned out again, as I had a fire yesterday morning, as it was nice an calm around here for a change.  It's a very windy location we live in, so having a morning where it is nice and calm makes a nice change.

Picked a pile of rhubarb, so making a double batch of the Cinnamon Ruhbarb muffins this morning, and the rest I am going to put in the freezer.

Dh changed the blade on the lawn tractor for me, but there is something dearly wrong with the poor thing.  I can use the tractor to haul things in the trailer but not to cut the grass :0(    Please say a little prayer for me, that it isn't anything to drastic that is wrong with it.......

Dd is coming up today to help in the garden.  I am looking forward to spending time with her and the couple of jobs I have planned will go by so much faster with the two of us.

Well I had better get on.  It's Wednesday morning, so I have my online banking to do.  I have a load of laundry in the washer that will be to hang outside shortly, and I have some emails to reply too........no rest for the wicked!!

Enjoy your Wednesday!

Gill

P.S.  Yes I did move to the country for a slower pace of life.........what happened???

1 comment:

DeniseinVA said...

That will be lovely spending time with your daughter. I need to get out to weed myself but the weather has been a bit iffy. Rain all day yesterday and I’m waiting to see if it’s the same today, as promised by the weatherman.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...