Sunday, May 16, 2010

Black Gold and lots of photos........

I dug and prepared this garden on Saturday afternoon.  It's in a sheltered place by the patio door, and I am going to plant my peppers and tomatoes there.

It was free black gold day on Saturday.  Black gold being compost.

I went first thing in the morning and filled the two recycling boxes.  Then when dh came home we went and again and there was still a pile of compost left, so we got the pile below.  It was 3:30pm by this time, so we knew that most people who wanted it, would have got it by now.


I took the rest of these photos on Friday.  This one is taken from the bottom of the field.

This is looking over at the field, where the Black Angus cows are.

Further up the field looking towards the front of the house.


Looking at the front of the house.  Those are the blackcurrant bushes in front of the house.

Dh put up the clock for me outside.  It looks good doesn't it?

12 comments:

Tracey said...

It's all amazing Gill! What a wonderful view from every angle. xxx

Ella said...

Such beautiful pictures Gill. Love the Clock.
Blessings, Ella

Piece by Piece said...

Gill: Your photo's are great, love the clock.
Patricia

DeniseinVA said...

Your clock looks great and so do all your photos. Beautiful scenery!

Stephanie D said...

That is a LOT Of mowing!

The clock is great! I just scored one at a yard sale yesterday and haven't figured out how or where to hang it so I can see it from more places. Of course, since it plays big band tunes, the neighbors might not want to hear it chime 2am and 3am, etc, so that may just influence my decision a little!

Evelyn said...

love the clock! is it weather resistent? i wish we had free compost here.

MyBulletinBoard said...

Beautiful! Did you ever think you'd own an estate? Bet the neighbors have their eye on you.

Black gold? At first I thought you'd struck oil. But compost? That's a new one on me. LOL

Liz, The Republic

Laurie and Bill said...

Gill, your place looks beautiful. All your hard work on your property is paying off big time!

I love the clock!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Gill, your pictures (including your new header) really look like something from a magazine, everything is so lovely and so scenic!! I've never thought of a clock outside, what a nice touch and great idea!!

Anonymous said...

My my, no wonder you are tired! I barely do anything in the tiny backyard we have and I get tired just pulling out the bad weeds - you are the master of a castle!

Kelly Casanova said...

I soooo love your place!!! Hope your veggies go well, free compost, lucky you!

Karine said...

That's a lot of compost!!!

Your grounds look lovely, you're lucky to have those black current bushes, I love drinking black current liqueur and black current juice, the berries make some yummy jelly too :o)

As for the clock, I love it!!!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...