Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A lot quieter day for me........

on Tuesday.  I went to the doctors and I have a heel spur on each of my heels, so no wonder it's painful.  I need to get orthotic inserts for my shoes.  Meanwhile until I get them I will continue to wear my Crocs

I then went out for lunch with a friend, her gift to me for Mother's Day, so that was lovely to catch up with her.  I then popped over the my dad's and step-mum's for a quite visit, before heading home.

It was bitter cold on Tuesday, even I found it cold.  I had to put the fire on when I got home.  Dh had to scrape the ice of the wind shield on Tuesday morning.  We were spoiled in April with such good weather, so it's hitting us hard having all this cold and wet weather.

A Funny:

Moojita Scale


Everybody knows about the Fujita Scale which measures the power of tornados. But nobody really knows what all those types of twisters do to COWS. So here is the MOOJITA Scale...




M0 Tornado - Cows in an open field are spun around parallel to the wind flow and become mildly annoyed.


M1 Tornado - Cows are tipped over and can't get up.


M2 Tornado - Cows begin rolling with the wind.


M3 Tornado - Cows tumble and bounce.


M4 Tornado - Cows are AIRBORN.


M5 Tornado - S T E A K ! ! !

This story was headline news on Tuesday.  It's hard to believe the size of that sinkhole.

My dad and step-mum were telling me about a documentry they had watched on tv and it sounds really good.   It's called Food Inc., has anyone seen it?

Here is a link to the site, there is a video you can watch also.

So due to me going out all day and the weather being miserable, no gardening was done on Tuesday.  Did manage to get a couple of recipes input into the computer though, so that was good.

Hope to get caught up with your blogs this week.

8 comments:

MyBulletinBoard said...

I was afraid you had heel spurs. I had the same thing in both feet at the same time, too. The orthodics made all the difference. You need to keep your heel from rocking back and forth sideways too much; keep it stabilized, which the orthodics will do. Will take some time; did he say anything about how you use your feet on the controls for the mower? I had to do an exercise: Stand "backward" on a low stair with your heels hanging off the step and gently lower your heels then raise back up. About five times, several times a day. Might ask your doctor if that one is okay for you. I'm not a doc and never played one on TV. Avoid standing in long lines if you possibly can. Sit down if you do the greeter bit again; it will give them something to talk about, hey! . . . . Carry a cane in stores so they know there is something wrong; maybe they'll move you to the head of the line. . . . . . It's gotten to the point that every time I have to take that antibiotic that they also give for anthrax (mind just went blank!!%!), I have trouble with some ligament someplace, be it feet or wrist or shoulder. Once it was the elbow. Really weird. Good luck!!

Karine said...

I'm glad you found out what was wrong with your feet! One of my aunt has a heel spur in one of her feet as well and I have a small bone spur on top of the joint below both my big toes, right where my bunions are. They hurt like heck if I don't wear the right shoes...

The landslide has been all over the news here too, of course. It's really terrible, but we do get sinkholes and landslides quite often in Quebec, people don't die in them very often though, fortunately. This case was just particularly tragic, the only member of the family to survive was the dog and that was only because he was outside and even then, he was very lucky.

Lib said...

Hope you are better soon and no more pain!
Posted some pics. of Cades Cove today:o)
Hope you have a great day!
Blessins',Lib

flowerpower said...

I hope your Heel spurs go away soon i had one and i understand your pain.
As for the documentary i did see it and i am now vegetarian since then. I still cook chicken and fish for the family but i do not eat it.

Kelly Casanova said...

heel spurs - ouch! Never had them myself but I know people who have. Well, I thought it had turned cold here but it's no match for your icyness (I mean your weather of course!!)
I like the cow meter, very funny.

DeniseinVA said...

I hope your feet feel better soon. What a very sad happening regarding the sinkhole.

Anonymous said...

Ouch for the heel! Hope it get better soon. One doesn't realize how important feet are until they start hurting...!

Don't worry, warmer weather is on its way.

sharon -skg@tds.net said...

From the middle of Oklahoma, USA...
I much prefer your tornado scale! Makes perfect sense & I dare say more accurate! Still smiling - had to read it aloud to my husband. He likes it too.

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...