Thursday, May 20, 2010

Photos.............

I had a busy day again in the garden on Wednesday, and thanks to dd coming over we got a couple of jobs done that I wanted done, including digging out a garden for some hostas, and making a start on a new big flower garden at the front of the house.  I'll show you photos in the next few days.

I had forgotten I hadn't taken any photos of the tulips.  To be honest they are past their best, but they are still pretty.


This is my favourite photo of them all.














Dh managed to repair the lawn tractor, the belt had slipped on it.  I tested it out again on Wednesday night, by cutting some grass and it cuts just fine.

Oh and the Cinnamon Rhubarb Muffins turned out just fine!

5 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

Fabulous tulips. Mine are just about done.

DeniseinVA said...

Your tulips are beautiful Gill, lovely photos!

Leiani said...

Oh what lovely flowers. I wish they would survive and flourish in the climate here, but no such luck I'm afraid.

Karine said...

Those are lovely tulips Gill, I most of them still look quite nice :o)

The Witch said...

Beautiful tulips!!
I just cut some of ours to bring inside before the wind beats them down.
Moving to the country you will never be slowing down because there is always more lawn and outside gardening to do. But the outside beauty with the birds singing makes it all worthwhile.
I hope you have safety glasses on when you are mowing and using the bush mower. Safety first.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...