Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I am a walking disaster!!! and my column

It was a nice day on Monday so I spent most of it outside doing jobs in the garden.  I finished off cutting the ditch and bank from the other day.  I dug some more of the veggie patch.  By the time I had done those jobs, it was lunch time.

After lunch I got the edger out and cut grass in various places.  I then planted the lilac bush and the pear tree.  By the time I had done that it was 2:30pm and coffee time.  I then did some more edging.

I then realized I was crippled, my poor old back was killing me, along with my feet!!  So I am sitting here on Monday night, hardly able to move.  Finger's crossed after a good night's sleep I will be as right as rain.

Bit of a strange subject in my column this week in the Eden Valley Messenger.  I talk about trying to find my perfect final resting place and how difficult that is, as I have a few requirements.  To find out more please click on this link

7 comments:

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Hope your back is feeling better now Gill. You have my sympathy as I too have suffered in the past with severe back pain and it was partly the reason for giving up my garden. Read your column in the Eden Valley Messenger. Good idea to be prepared - hope you find the perfect spot! A x

Kadeeae said...

Must be sympathy pains as my back is playing up too atm . . . just taking things easy trying to avoid a full blown 'attack' =(

Hope it's eased off some by now.

Chicken Boys said...

I was in bad shape yesterday night myself. I was sowing some Waltham Butternut squash seeds, but I need a new hoe. I had a hoe head with just a broken handle piece. Hand held sort of thing. So I spent a good hour and a half bent over in the garden. Then I carried 3 or 4 5 gallon buckets around to hand water since it's so dry here now. I was in agony when I went to bed, and no position was comfy! Better today, but I've got peppers and beans still to put in!
~Randy

MyBulletinBoard said...

I sure hope you are on the mend.. . . . .Can't stand it when my feet give me fits. Have to buy inserts even for new shoes to make them fit right.

The A/C guys got here a day early. Hurray! Got a little warmish last night. Should be cool this afternoon.

Liz, The Republic

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Gill, you wear me out just reading your post, no wonder your back and feet hurt!! We have a pear tree in our yard. I noticed the other day that it's getting small little pears on it. While I can wait for the fall, I can't wait for them to get here! Hope you're rested and feeling better!!!

Karine said...

Oh dear, I hope you're feeling better today...as for your final resting place, I can see how it might be difficult to find. There's always Mount Pleasant in Toronto, if you're far enough in there you have trees, flowers, birds and you're far from any main road! They've got a nice chapel in there too!

DeniseinVA said...

Hope the aches and pains are better by tomorrow Gill. Back pain can be excruciating. Thanks for the link. to your column.

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...