Friday, May 7, 2010

Another busy day at The Acreage.....

Pottered outside on Thursday morning doing bits and bobs.  Started off with clearing the ditch of garbage.  Someone had thrown a garbage bag of clothes out; there was another garbage bag full of just garbage.  I picked up nuerous plastic water bottle, a dirty diaper, wine bottles, beer cans.  I just can't believe what people throw out of their windows as they are passing by.  I wonder how they would like it if I threw garbage on their front lawn???


The local ACW (Anglican Church Women), of whom I will be a member of next Friday, are having a yard sale on Saturday.  So I decided to donate some plants.  Below are some Irises and some Chives, you can see them in bloom here.
Here are some scented geranium cuttings. 

The Anglican Church Women is very similar to the WI for those of you in Britain.  Hopefully all those plants will maybe make $20 for the ACW.  I just had a thought, I hope the ACW doesn't decide to do a calendar like the movie Calendar Girls not too sure about posing naked for a calendar and letting all my wobbly bits hang out?!!!


It poured down at lunch time, so I popped into town to visit a friend, and pick up some recipes from her.  I knew I had to fit in a visit to her before the weekend, so this worked out well.


After supper I tackled a bit more grass cutting, it was cool though and I had to have my flaps down on my hat!!  With all this rain we keep having it's growing like mad.  It's lovely though to see everything so green.

Again the day went by in a flash, and my poor feet are killing me which sucks....................

10 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I can't figure out why people would chuck something out of a window either--Maybe it "bounced" out of the back of a truck?? Okay, maybe not...
I love the church yard sales--They really have some fun and unexpected finds!!
Hope the weather and your feet improve!! :-)

Hilary said...

Sorry to hear about your sore feet but it sure is nice to know you've accomplished so much, isn't it? :)

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

What a nuisance having garbage thrown on your land - people are so inconsiderate. Your plants look good - I love chives too, such a pretty flower. A x

Tracey said...

You could have a few plants placed in front of your wobbly bits! perhaps a squirrel or 2? It would be fun, why don't you suggest it....it would raise loads of money...LOL xxx

Gill - That British Woman said...

I'll need more than a few plants to cover my wobbly bits.......probably a few bushes!!

Gill

Piece by Piece said...

Some people are just too lazy to rid their garbage in the appropriate places, it's easy just to dump it anywhere so that it becomes someone elses problem.
We live a block from a corner convience store, just long enough for people to eat a chocolae bar or a bag of chips, guess where they throw the wrappers--our lawn.
Hope your feet are feeling better.
A few bushes to cover your wabbly bits? funny. The girl on Dancing with the Stars, is having a lot of fun with her wabbly bits.

Patricia

Shammickite said...

My son lives on a country road (not so far from you) and he hauls rubbish, tires, car batteries etc out of the ditches on his road too. I have no idea why people do this.

John Going Gently said...

I hate flytippers......lazy and stupid people!!!!!

go soak your feet
xxxx

DeniseinVA said...

I wouldn't be too happy at having to pick up other people's discarded garbage either. I occasionally have to pick up tossed soda cans occasionally but not as bad as that. Sorry about your poor feet, foot pain is horrible but touch wood no problems with me for a while. I hope I haven't jinxed myself ;) I'll be getting out in the garden this weekend.

Karine said...

That's absolutely horrible about people throwing garbage in you ditch, I always fume whenever I see people throw garbage out of their car windows.

As for your feet, maybe you have arthrosis or arthritis in them? Try taking glucosamine for them, I take it for my feet (I have bunions and arthrosis in both of mine at the ripe old age of 27...)and I find it really helps.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...