Monday, May 10, 2010

What I was up to on Sunday.

Woke up to snow on the ground.  Nothing exciting, but enough to say it had snowed.  Had the fire on again, as it was so cold.  Went to church and had a get together with a couple of the women who have been giving me grief with this recipe book; but have it all sorted out, and they seem reasonably happy!!

Dh worked until 12 noon, so was home by 1pm.  We went to Tim Hortons for a late lunch; we both had the soup deal, and it was good.

Then dh decided to take me for a drive to Bradford Greenhouses. You could spend a small fortune in that place and there have more than one area with just spectacular things in there. 

We picked up a couple of things.  I got this pear tree it's a Red Bartlett to add to my other pear tree, which is a triple pear tree.
I also picked up a white lilac called Primrose.  However when reading up on this lilac, the older the plant gets the more yellow the flowers so that is something to look forward to.  I would like to plant a pink lilac as well.


I have been wanting a clock for outside, as I never know what time it is.  So we picked up this double sided clock and I will get dh to put it up by the garage.  It will save me trailing into the house with my dirty shoes on.

Dh also came home with this basket of plants for me for Mother's Day which was really sweet of him.
Now all we need is for the weather to warm up, but I don't see that happening much before the weekend.  So I will get some jobs done around the house this week.  At least if it's cold the grass shouldn't grow as fast right?

8 comments:

Caroline said...

Sounds like you've had a lovely bunch of goodies lately!!

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Another busy day for you Gill but very enjoyable I imagine. I do like your clock for the garden and the "primrose" lilac sounds lovely. A x

DeniseinVA said...

A nice Sunday Gill.

Laurie and Bill said...

Sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day!

Snowed here too!

Tracey said...

It's blinkin' cold here too. You have a nice pear! xxx

Shammickite said...

That clock is really nice. Do you have to install it in a sheltered spot or does it still work if it gets wet?
Good luck with the pear trees, I love pears. DEEEEEElicious!

Lib said...

Enjoyed you photos.I Love lilac's!
Hope your temps warm up !
We're having blackberry winter ,turns cool when their in bloom.
I thought of you today:o)
DH and I went to Cades Cove today, they redone the loop rd. it is WONDERFUL a smooth ride again!:o)
We saw 3 Black bears,8 deers, a few wild turkeys.
I came home with a wonderful cookbook(my weakness) old old recipes.

Have a great wk.
Blessins',Lib

Karine said...

You got quite a lovely selection of trees, Gill! My cousin has both pear and plum trees at her place, yum! I really like the clock you bought too :o)

As for the weather, it snowed here yesterday too, but didn't stay. Phew!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...