Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hot and humid around here.....

which in turn kills my head.  I ended up in bed on Monday afternoon sleeping off a nightmare of a headache.  Got up feeling a lot better though so that was good.

I saw this video over at John's blog last week and couldn't believe it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZP4Ugev82I 

I am having trouble embedding videos in my posts now, all I can add are links.  Any tips?  Also when I put a new photo on my header, although I click shrink to fit, only the top left quarter of the photo is published.  Any thoughts on that?

Got ds coming over after work to help dh carry the window air conditioner unit upstairs to our bedroom, as I can see we are going to need it if it carries on being this warm.  The poor boy never gets a home cooked meal, he eats out most of the time, so will make him something he likes for supper. 

Molly is having a hard time in this heat and her allergies have been playing up, so she is chewing herself a lot more than she normally does.  If it gets any worse I'll increase her pills.  There isn't too much on squirrel tv as the poor old squirrels are also finding it a bit warm.

As I got nothing done in the garden yesterday I may go out after breakfast and shovel a few barrow loads of soil into the new garden for a while before it gets too hot and before my head starts to pound.  Roll on the weekend when its supposed to be cooler.

Here's the link to my column this week at the Eden Valley Messenger.

2 comments:

Tania said...

Humid weather...mmmm dont miss that at all. Has been raining on and off for the last three days here, a rare occurrence but I will enjoy it while it lasts. Wood fire is blazing away...

Have a great day,

Tania

DeniseinVA said...

Heat and humidity does that to me too. It's getting warmer down here but we've had quite a bit of rain over the last few days and it seems to have helped a lot.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...