Monday, September 7, 2026

Never had this happen to me before..........

I couldn't thread the needle on my sewing machine.  I struggled for ages.  In the end I replaced the needle and everything went smoothly.  The funny thing though, I could see daylight through the needle "hole," so have no idea whatsoever what was wrong?

Anyhow, I was sewing a zippered pouch to put some charging cables and other electronics that we use when we go away.

I found a couple pieces of "scrap" fabric.  A heavy weight cotton and some quilting backing fabric that was sort of "cushy."  I didn't want to use any batting, I was being lazy!!


I bought a waterproof cell phone holder, and I bought a foldable phone charger.

We have a couple of trips planned over the next couple of months, to Ottawa and Jamaica.  Looking forward to both of them.

Also thanks for the feel better wishes.  Still not 100%, but better than I was...........



6 comments:

angela said...

The pouch looks great.
I’m sure it will keep all your bits and bobs safe

My Piece of Earth said...

Glad you are feeling better. That is a great looking bag, love the fabric.

Sandra said...

This doesn’t look like lazy to me!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Glad you're feeling better. My sewing machine needle sometimes gets gummed up if I'm sewing through fusibles or any type of glue (I often use a glue stick in my work).

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

I am glad that you are feeling better, Gill. The pouch is lovely!

Lowcarb team member said...

You've got two nice trips to look forward too ... that's great :)

All the best Jan

Can't get this song out of my head for some reason..........

  It was written in 1949 by Kirsty MacColl's dad, Ewan MacColl .  Kirsty MacColl sang with the Pogues, The Fairytale of New York.  The ...