Over the last couple of days the practical side of Gill (Gillian) has won over the "I don't care/fun side" of Gill!
Let me explain. We went to look over some new homes; no we are not moving, it was more a research thing, for someone else. I dragged hubby along with me and went in with "I know these aren't suitable for us" attitude. How wrong I was there....LOL I loved the homes, BUT and it's a very big BUT, they are townhomes/terraced homes, so not hugely fond of that aspect, but could live with it. Also, despite you actually owning the home, you don't actually own the land it is on. We did that in our last house. Here's the kicker though with this subdivision, unlike with our last house, where the water, all garden maintenance and house insurance and roof replacement (when needed) was covered by the monthly fees, this one NOTHING is covered and you still have to get board approval for any changes made outside. Also for the lot's we liked (not backing onto another house) you were required to pay between $750 to $850 per month rental fee, for the land. So practical Gill kicked in and said a firm no to this situation and I am glad about it!
Then yesterday it was a humid dreary day. Hubby said lets go to the casino. We can each spend $20 and see how we do. Have a bit of fun. So off we trot and I went through my first $20 pretty fast, so ended up putting in another $20 and here is what I won:
That is a 212.5% win on a 66 cent bet. I did my three back up spins (as per Brian Christopher Slots!) and ended up winning some more. I cashed out at $160.10, as practical Gill stepped in. Between us we walked out with I think $135 in profit. We could have stayed longer, we were there for an hour, but we knew there was a good chance we would end up losing it all..........as the casino always wins!!!
Passed a gas station on the way home and filled up the car with $50 worth of gas from our winnings.
So despite being annoyed that "Practical Gill" always wins, in both these cases it was the right thing to do. It's been a few months since we have been to the casino, it's not a thing we do very often. I was looking back to the last time we went to the casino and it was in March and I posted about it here.
Are you a very practical person?

No comments:
Post a Comment