Saw this on Facebook, and when I looked at the list, I too thought how easy it is to confuse some of these words......
what do you think?I am a British born, living in Canada since May of 1989. My blog is about all aspects of my daily life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Parliament Hill, Ottawa
Parliament Hill , Ottawa. As you can see it is under construction/renovation. You can read more about the renovations here . What I did ...
-
It's that time of year where I set up my yearly savings pot. I print out the sheet from Medium Sized Family . Click on the name and i...
-
When we were in the Eaton Centre last week, I popped into Indigo Books. They have a huge 2 storey store, so had a look around. As it is a...

8 comments:
I still mess up affect and effect constantly, no matter how many times I read the rule. Stationary with an "e" for paper is another one that always trips me up until I remember "e" stands for envelope. Lists like this are such a life saver because almost everyone gets caught on at least a few of these.
I always catch errors like those. They really bug me. It's good to have it on a chart if people will actually use it, my experience says nope, though. People don't seem to care that much.
The days of doing the dreaded English Grammar at school have long passed , even after all these years i still here Miss Wilkie in my head beating her ruler on the desk if you got your their and there wrong or woe betide a comma in the wrong place
Interesting list. It is no wonder why the English language is so hard to learn, especially if it is a second language. for people.
I’m embarrassed to admit that I mix a few of these up frequently.
Some of these I really have to stop and think about and I know that sometimes I still get them wrong.
This is a terrific list -- and one reason why it makes English so difficult to learn.
A very good list :)
All the best Jan
Post a Comment