It was written in 1949 by Kirsty MacColl's dad, Ewan MacColl. Kirsty MacColl sang with the Pogues, The Fairytale of New York. The Pogues released a very popular version of Dirty Old Town as well.
I am a British born, living in Canada since May of 1989. My blog is about all aspects of my daily life.
Parliament Hill , Ottawa. As you can see it is under construction/renovation. You can read more about the renovations here . What I did ...
4 comments:
Roger Whittaker did a cover of it as well. It's on the live album I have, probably on YouTube as well. They say the best way to get a song out of your head is to sing it a few times. That works for me until the next song comes along.
I’ve never heard that song before. I can see why it has become an ear worm.
I don't think I've ever heard that one before - and like Ami mentioned, I can certainly see Roger Whittaker performing it.
Not a song I know that well...but yes, I can visualise Roger Whittaker performing it.
All the best Jan
Post a Comment