Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Seriously............

Not sure if you're like me, but if I know what I am talking about I will argue with you until the cows come home.  However, if I don't know what you are talking about I won't argue.

So today the appliance guy came to look at the fridge.  They had called Monday to change my appointment and it worked out better for me.  So he came in and asked me what was wrong.  I explained and despite the fact his accent was Eastern European and mine is British we managed to understand one another.

BUT, he then started on about breaker's and trying to say it was my fault/the breakers fault.  I do not know diddly squat about breakers.  So I was getting confused because, I thought if the breaker was at fault, the fridge wouldn't come back on?  I didn't know this for a fact, but thought it would.  So he kept talking, so I said this:

"My husband is an electrician, I'll call him and you can talk to him, as I know nothing about breaker's."

The look on his face at this point, made me realize that he was trying to get out of doing anything!!!  He told me that was alright I didn't have to call him; but too late I had dialed the number.

Got hubby on the phone and put him on speaker and said what was going on.  Hubby said out loud, "he's trying to get out of doing anything, there is nothing wrong with the breaker!!"

His attitude changed then, and I let hubby go as he was at work.  He took photos, and said he was going to call KitchenAid for advice to see what they say and get back to me.

I WILL NOT taken advantage of.  As I told him it keeps going off, I can't keep much in the fridge and freezer as I have no idea when it might turn off again.  When you pay over $5 thousand for a flipping fridge, it had better work!!  If it's under warranty, they have to fix it whether they like it or not.  I will be sticking to my guns on this as I am now fed up of the whole flipping thing.

10 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ooooh I've had too many of these types of situations. Good for you getting ole Hubby on the phone. Good call!!

I had an LG. They are an expensive fridge. I also had a home warranty. Not one person could work on an LG. Apparently certain people are certified to do so and there were only 2 in all of the DC Metro area. They weren't cheap either. Do you know that if the ice maker dies you need a whole new door? Oh yea, and the compressor was free but that died after 3 years. I would still get another one again. Best Fridge I've ever had. Now in our new home we have a cheap GE. I cry each time I think about my old appliances I had to leave behind. Pathetic isn't it?

angela said...

It’s the same all over.they think because we have titts we don’t have brains.
I’m glad you called him out. I’d be demanding a replacement fridge as you have lost faith in this one.

Nancy said...

We had terrible problems with our Kitchen Aide refrigerator! Great repair guy but they would only let him replace ONE part at a time and he KNEW that he had to replace TWO or the one would blow out the other. SEVEN visits to get the proper approval to replace the TWO parts that he knew needed replacing the first time he came out. Beyond frustrating! Good luck!!

Chris said...

I went through something similar with my stove and as it wasn't under warranty, spent a fortune on the repairs. I could have bought a new stove! I finally had to get another repair guy to replace the lower element which the original guy swore was working.

Jackie said...

Correct you were as if the breaker is thrown, you would need to go and turn the breaker on again. Glad you got a hold of your husband and had him straighten the repair guy out.

God bless.

Sharon said...

Good for you and taking a stand and ringing your husband. It would annoy me no end.

DB Stewart said...

Frustrating!
Whenever I have an excellent experience with a tradesperson, I ask them if I can tell all my friends about them. Typically, they light up when I say this and as they say, word gets around, so I often get great service and recommendations from them.

Linda said...

I do not get along with repairmen who lie! I don't know much, but I have guy friends who do and can tell me if an explanation sounds fishy. As for breakers, once they flip, i did not think they flipped back on. I could be wrong. And, when they flip, I thought the breaker flipped because of a problem. I could be wrong.

Joy said...

Grrrrr - so very frustrating, isn't it? xx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oddly enough, when you initially posted about the 'second coming of the repairman' I thought about mentioned that I would bet he would blame some sort of power surges. So glad you were able to call his bluff. Most of us wouldn't have a handy hubby who knows about electricity. Good luck - hopefully they'll send another repair person next time who's honest and can figure it out.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...