Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Another finished project........

I finally finished the second piece of cross stitch that I am putting together for a project at the end of the year.  I have been putting it off as I find the back stitch fiddly.  I am liking how they are looking though.


I also finished the latest paint by numbers.  I don't like it.  Believe me when I say I followed all the colour numbers.  It looks as though the background with the light mountains is wrong.  I may go over it again with other colours to deepen the colour there.  It may look better then?  I sound as though what I am talking about????  I don't!! 😁


I posted another book review here.  I borrowed this book from the library.  It was as good as the first in the series.

7 comments:

Joy said...

I think the painting and the cross stitch pictures look great! Well done, you. xx

Patio Postcards said...

Your crafting projects are really lovely. I imagine having something creative to work on helps with the stress release when trying to resolve your refrigerator problems. Sounded like some fancy talking from the repair person ... or as my Gran would have said bulls**it trying to baffle brains!

My Piece of Earth said...

Like the Christmas cross stitch and the painting, also agree on the mountains, they disappear, a darker colour would define them a little more.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Backstitch is boring for sure, but it makes a world of difference I think. I like the painting but perhaps it's the actual colours themselves that you don't like? Maybe you could try blending some of the colours with darker versions to make it a little more to your liking. I'd test it out first perhaps using paper and then trim it to fit the space and then stand back and look to see if you like it better.

slugmama said...

It seems everyone and their sister is doing paint-by-number works lately. Maybe it's just the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon kicking in with me in my brain.
I'm not crazy about that stream one's color combination either. The water needs more blue tones and, like you, I agree that the distant view tones are off. But you did a nice job of filling it all in. Some others I've seen online are a hot mess. lol

Jackie said...

Your finished stitching looks great. I always think the back stitching takes longer than the main stitching. But it sure sets everything off.

I think you did an awesome job on the paint by number. You are right though the mountains should be slightly darker.

God bless.

Sharon said...

The cross stitch looks really beautiful. I'll be interested in seeing what you're going to do with them. Well done with the paint by numbers - looks lovely!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...