Thursday, November 30, 2023

What the heck?



Not sure what happened to me on Wednesday morning but I had a burst of energy and cleaned out some kitchen cupboards?????  I have been thinking about doing this for a while.  So after I had blown out the bottom of the driveway I set about doing them.

Got rid of some instant coffee with a 2014 (???) expiry date on it, that I found wwwwaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy back in the cupboard.  Seriously, how did I miss that?  

I now have some bags of things to donate to the charity shop.  Threw out numerous plastic lids that didn't belong to anything. I mean it's like having numerous socks with no partners, right?

I still have more to do, but this was a great start.  I need to be more aggressive with; "If you haven't used it in ages, get rid of it."

Still puzzled though where this burst of energy came from....😄

7 comments:

Joy said...

Good for you. AFterwards it feels so good, doesn't it? xx

Linda said...

I threw out antibiotic ointment Tommy had since early 2000s. He just refuses to give things up. Occasionally, I find something so out of date that I am horrified.
Blew out the driveway???
Practical Parsimony

Linda said...

I threw out antibiotic ointment Tommy had since early 2000s. He just refuses to give things up. Occasionally, I find something so out of date that I am horrified.
Blew out the driveway???
Practical Parsimony

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I really need to go through my sewing room and get rid of a lot of 'stuff' that I know I won't ever use. Trouble is, it's too much fun to just create things and the sorting/chucking is low on the list. Maybe your burst of energy will rub off on me!

Karen said...

Ugh, I get bursts like that, then pay the piper the next day.
My buggaboo is the cupboard with all the plastic containers. Maybe I'll work on that later today, or maybe I won't. LOL

Karen said...

Followup to my previous plan: I threw out hundreds of teabags of indeterminate age and packaged up a dozen mugs for the thrift shop. Plastic worked out okay for a change!

Chris said...

I think the coffee would have been OK. It doesn't go bad does it? Maybe a bit stale tasting. Plastic lids, like coat hangers, seem to propagate independently!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...