Friday, November 24, 2023

Two weeks since my last post......

 I know what on earth is going on with me!!

Well I am sick, AGAIN.  Not sure which small grandchild gave it too me this time, but I have narrowed it down to the two boys who live down the road!!!  One is coughing up a storm and one has a green snotty nose.....SIGH!

Then I was back at the dentist just over a week ago, as the tooth I had filled back in September was giving me so much pain whenever anything hot or cold touched it.  So she refilled it with a medicated temporary filling and I have to go back in January to see if it has settled down.

Now as I write this, it has settled down, BUT, for how long who knows.  What I do know if it flares up again it's being pulled, so I will have no back molars, either top or bottom on my left hand side.

I have been busy setting up the house for Christmas.  I am hosting a get together on December 2nd, so needed to get things ready a little earlier than normal.

When I went to put up the tree, only 2 strings of lights were working:

Now I will say that tree owed us nothing.  We had swapped out our old tree with son and his wife for their smaller tree five years ago.  So it was a few years old.

So we ended up going to Canadian Tire and getting this tree:


It's this tree from Canadian Tire.  Now it is 7 feet tall which is a bit big, but it is quite narrow in width which I like, as it has to go into a small space.  I was not happy paying $300, so it had better last us the rest of our days!!

I have gone with a red and gold theme this year.

I have just posted some more book reviews, as I have been busy reading as had no energy to do most things.  It took me a couple of days to sort out the Christmas tree and hubby assembled it for me......that is so unlike me.

Anyhow, I am going to sit down after lunch and prep some more posts, so you should be hearing more from me, fingers, toes and everything crossed.



4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

We have a small artificial tree too and when the lights burned out we just went and bought a couple more strings of lights and added them. We didn't want to buy a new tree just for the two of us. If family were coming it would be a different matter.
We go to the dentist next week and I'm dreading it because I know I have two cracked teeth and a chip off another one so I expect likely he might want to 'do something'. We don't have a medical plan so if he does, it won't be the more expensive option.

Jackie said...

Oh Gil, I do hope your dental problems are done. I still have one more appointment to attend and I am done until my regular cleaning and yearly x-rays in February. So looking forward to having two months almost of no dental things happening.

Your tree looks lovely.

God bless.

Joy said...

It's a beautiful tree and well worth the money over the years and the pleasure it will give you.
I hope the tooth remains settled. xx

Jeanie said...

I'm so sorry -- they're walking petrie dishes, aren't they? But the tree -- gorgeous!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...