Wednesday, November 29, 2023

And so it begins........

 This photo was taken at 2pm on Tuesday:


Those flipping streamers just kept coming in from the lake.  I shoveled the driveway twice.  I am guessing it will be here to stay now, welcome Winter!

I decided it was a read a book day, and I still had one more book to review for the month.

I posted my review, here in my book review blog.  It was a good book, well worth reading.

So as it's snowing outside, I of course had to make a sweet pepper quiche with salad for supper.  Why is it when its cold outside you fancy a salad, and when it's red hot outside in the middle of summer you fancy a bowl of soup?

Ingredients used for the quiche.  I love the PC brand of Smoke Flavoured Cheddar cheese.



Supper was so good.  The grain salad was from Costco.




5 comments:

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

Mmmm, that looks good! We got a lot of snow yesterday, too. I'm not sure where you are located but we are about 45 minutes east of Lake Huron shoreline, so we frequently get lake effect snow. I shall have to check out your book blog. -Jenn

Magpie's Mumblings said...

That quiche looks so good but the snow, not so much. We woke up to it yesterday and as far as I'm concerned I've had enough already.

Maggie said...

Your quiche looks lovely, and I think the snow looks pretty too :-) But I guess when you get as much as you do it can get to be a pain.

Linda said...

I am so glad that is your snow! It is pretty.

Soup in the summer is how I lost 30 lbs without trying. It is very cold here, and all I want is a salad.
Practical Parsimony

Joy said...

Brrr - is that inches or centimetres? I'm guessing inches? xx

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...