Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring might just be here......at long last!!

Why, well I got my first load of laundry hung outside to dry on Friday. Love the smell of line dried sheets.


As you can see our main log pile has nearly gone.  There are extra logs around the corner, but it looks like we have burned at least 3 bush cords of wood this year.  We actually didn't light the fire on Friday as I was out until 3pm, and we had to leave the house by 6pm to go to a visitation, so it wasn't worth while lighting the fire.


Mind you there is still some of this white stuff hanging around!!!  We are in for a wet day on Monday, so hopefully we'll see the back of it then!!  Although I haven't been out to check on them, it looks as though the raspberries have survived the winter.......remember I have 100 pots of raspberry jam to make as wedding favours this summer, so they had better be alright!!!




Have you heard of Amanda Marigold?  Well that's the name of a new blog created by our own dear Star, as an outlet for her writing.  She has a new e-book published on Amazon called "Murder In The School."  Pop by and wish her luck if you have a minute.

11 comments:

angela said...

Everyday now I hang washing keeping an eye on it. It wont be long and it wall go on the cloths horses. I love the smell of line dryed washing. you can smell the sun.

Valerie said...

It's always a surprise to me how bits of snow linger ages after the main downfall has disappeared. Something to do with ground temperature, I'm told. Hope you're having a good weekend.

Tracey said...

I too love the smell of washing thats dried on the line.. although one time i collected it in after a major drying day... had a sniff and a blooming bumble bee stung my snout!! so be warned xx

Scrappy quilter said...

Well my friend, if you looked outside my house, you'd only see white and lots of it. We are getting another dumping and I'm thinking it's going to be heading your way by the time this is finished. My favorite season...winter. This year though I'm getting awfully tired of it. And it's very wet snow!! Hugs

Karine said...

I miss being able to hang my laundry out to dry! My equivalent of it in my apartment is hanging whatever can't go in the dryer in my bathroom with the window open! I don't have enough room in there to hang everything so it's a compromise to do it about half and half :o)

Stephanie V said...

Line-dried sheets...YES!!

Janet said...

Gosh thats what a call a log pile [or rather it was ]
I love the smell of laundry too- and just mown grass-bacon butties-fried onions-new babies [clean ]horses,odd ?

Lib said...

Hope Spring stays with you, ours comes and goes. lol
Love hanging clothes out.
Have agreat wk.
Blessins',Lib

Stella Jones said...

I so agree about the sheets Gill. There is absolutely nothing to compare with that smell, is there. I can just smell it now. mmmmm
I love raspberry jam. If you have any spare ones?
You can really see how cold the winter has been by the lack of logs in your woodpile, can't you.
Thank you for the mention re Amanda!

Stella Jones said...

ps Please email your address to me at Stella3333@earthlink.net and I'll post off the CD to you.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

We're on the same wavelength Gill--I hung a couple of blankets outside today--No matter how hard they try, you just can't get that fresh air smell from a dryer sheet, can you?

I read on another blog that they were getting snow in your direction--I hope you're not!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...