Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Good news, bad news......

Good News - I am back to work two days per week.  Tuesday's and Thursday's at my old work.  They are busy and I need the money.....I wonder what for!!! Yep, the wedding.

Bad News - "They," not sure who "they" are, are saying that by Summer the price of our gas/petrol will be up to $1.50 per litre.  So they will make a bigger ding in what I earn as it's an hour's commute for me to work.

Bad News - I have an ear, nose and throat thing going on.  It's actually more of an ear and throat thing.  So I am topping myself up with Buckley's to try and prevent it from getting worse.

Good News - Due to the fact I can only concentrate on one ailment at a time, my tooth isn't bothering me as much.  We'll see what happens when the head cold thing clears up...........

Bad News - The weather sucks........I mean it really sucks.  As I am typing this on Tuesday night around 8pm it's bloody well snowing again.........

Good News - Nothing in it's right mind wants to grow in this weather, including the grass!!!  Which means I won't be cutting grass any time soon!!!

Bad News - I am going to have to cancel the installation of the attic carpet and push it back a couple of weeks, as we have run into a couple issues with the attic, the latest is that the half wall has a bow in it making it impossible to put the wood on the top of it like we had hoped {SIGH}

Good News - With that happening, I am not as stressed trying to figure out when I will have time to decorate it, which is a blessing as I feel about as much like decorating as flying to the moon.......

Bad News - When I was in the city last week I passed the Lindt store and HAD to buy a big bag of chocolate, as I thought it may go off if I didn't buy it.

Good News - The 10 pounds I put on eating all the chocolate I lost when I shaved my legs.......YEAH!!!!!

Notice how I was creative with the blue for bad news words and the red for the good news words, isn't it amazing just how creative I can be.........LOL!!!!

12 comments:

Valerie said...

I'm sorry about all the bad news but the good news was great. I blame the weather for the compulsive purchase of chocolate - been there and done that, recently.
I hate to brag but we have a mini heatwave going on here, 25C yesterday and another day like it promised for today. Of course it can't last, it's freak weather, but I'm enjoying it while I can.

Janet said...

Thanks for the chuckle - I guess there is always a silver lining -if you look for it ! have a great day .

Tracey said...

It's hot here, well 25c & I want your SNOW! Bugger, have you shaved your legs already? That means I'll have to. xxx

Jane and Chris said...

I have the ear/throat/nose thing too. It doesn't seem to know what it wants to be. I think it is the weather. I feel as though we'll never get to summer (we haven't even reached spring yet).
Jane x

Karine said...

What an entertaining post, the colors indeed added to it! I hope you feel better soon and don't feel bad about the chocolate, I would have done exactly the same thing :o)

Crazy Acres Rose said...

Gill.. have you tried the old standby of gargling with warm salted water, for you throat/ears troubles? I do sinus rinses regularly, and have found that the salt treatment works best for this threesome trouble area (nose/throat/ear). Pour a whack of salt in a small glass then top it off with warm water.. swish it around a bit in the glass, then gargle.. it makes me gag each time, as I use a lot of salt lol but whenever I get a scratchy throat, this kicks it down to nothing within a few gargling treatments.

with gas going up, and food going up.. I'm sure there is going to be an increase in the food bank numbers as well. I honestly don't know how some families are keeping afloat, when they were struggling before :(

Scrappy quilter said...

The red and blue reminds me of the election, lol!!! Sorry about the bad news especially the weather. I know I've sent most of it to you..not a good thing. It should be fun going back to work again. As to the gas prices...UGH!! It's going to be the same here. Hugs

DeniseinVA said...

Yes you are very creative, and I leave your blog smiling!

angela said...

Yes you are very creative! At least you had a mixed bag of news, it could of all been bad. Our petrol is very close to $1.50 a litre now, and they( whoever they are) are saying it will hit 1.50 for easter. So we have all fuelled up our cars now.
Enjoy the choc, no guilt.

Piece by Piece said...

Thanks for a laugh today, this weather is getting me down. It's so cold and wet all the flowers in my garden are going to start dying even before they get started.
Hope you are feeling better today.
Patricia

Iris said...

Maybe the ear-nose-throat thing is responsible for the tooth problem? The pressure from it could put everything out of order. Hopefully, when it clears up, the tooth problem will disappear as well!

Rose said...

I read the post above this and wondered about your tooth so came down to see if it was still bothering you...good thing it is not both it and a cold/flu thing. Hope you feel better soon.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...