Wednesday, April 6, 2011

No more snow until December 2011.....

How do I know that.....well I changed the tires on the car, from my Winter tires to my Summer tires.  So it can't snow until I get the Winter tires back on in December.

Now I must admit, I do find going to the garage quite stressful, as it's not knowing what else could be wrong with the car, and if they do find something wrong with it, how much is it going to cost.

Tuesday I took it for a Spring tune up which includes changing the oil and changing my tires.  I sure it includes other things, but I have no idea what.  I know pretty sad, but I totally trust them, which is a good thing.

Anyhow, they came back with me needing to have my ball joints changed.  They may as well have told me I needed to fly to the moon, for what that meant.  Anyhow after much explaining they are like the hip joints for a car, so I need to have that seen too but it will have to wait until next month, as it's over $500 to have them fixed.

I also need some more things to be done, but again that will have to wait for a couple more months.  All these things are due to the age of the car, as it is nearly nine years old, but as it only has just over 117,000 km's on the clock I have no desire to change it.

Do you know a lot about your car?  Are you mechanically adept?

It was bitter cold on Tuesday.  When I hung out the laundry on the line it immediately froze.  However I did manage to get the laundry dry outside and just hung it on the clothes horse to air in front of the fire.

I haven't been able to get upstairs in the attic this week yet, so am hoping that today will be the day to get some jobs done in there.  Namely sanding the nail holes I filled with putty, and then hopefully painting a primer on all of it.  Dh is busy building a window seat in the attic, so we will have storage under it.

9 comments:

Janet said...

Gill ! I know as much about cars as you do-so no need to feel alone on that score ! glad you have seen the last of the snow -must make life a little easier. have a good week !

Jane and Chris said...

It snowed overnight...now I know who to blame!!! Not changed our tires yet, when we do there'll be a blizzard!!
Jane x

MyBulletinBoard said...

I wish I'd known it was as easy as changing snow tires! I would have gotten them a long time ago. Need good weather for moving day. They decided the easiest thing to do was bring two big trucks so they could load faster. I like their style!!
Be warm, Liz

Scrappy quilter said...

Gill, I would suggest a second opinion. We've had bad experience with vehicles and mechanics. We finally found a wonderful garage that we trust, that have been very fair in price and have loaned us a loaner when our vehicle needed fixing. They've treated us very well. Hugs

Karine said...

I'm with you for the no more snow thing!!! I'm done with it, I don't want to see another flake! We're actually having our first family BBQ on Saturday because it is supposed to be so nice and mild (13 degrees) that day. We'll do it even if it isn't that warm though. We are true Montreals in that way, as soon as there is no more snow on the patio, out comes the BBQ!

As for cars, I know very little, as I don't own one. I rent or borrow cars when I need to, so any mechanical problems with them are not my issue to deal with!

Lib said...

I know how to start the car and drive it.lol
It is always something with autos & homes huh?
HAve a great day!
Blessins',Lib

Stella Jones said...

I don't own a car so I don't have to worry about them, thank God!
I do hope you get some nice weather soon. I'm back in England on Friday, hoping for some lovely Spring weather.

Rose said...

My husband is mechanically inclined...he has saved us a bundle of money over time. Oh, we still have to take our cars in for some stuff, but has did a lot over time. And I even used to change the oil...

Stephanie V said...

I used to know a lot more when cars were not just computers on wheels. I could change oil, tires, spark plugs and knew my way around the engine. With my income then it was necessary!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...