Sunday, June 27, 2010

Today's Flower..........

Blogger decided to turn the first photo???  These daisies are growing in the raspberry patch, and they are quite pretty, so picked a bunch and brought them into the house. I haven't thought of this rhyme for a long time:


Daisy, Daisy give me your answer do.

I'm half crazy all for the love of you.

It won't be a stylish marriage,

I can't afford a carriage.

But you'll look sweet,

Upon the seat,

Of a bicycle made for two.



You may wear your virtues as a crown, As you walk through life serenely, And grace your simple rustic gown With a beauty more than queenly. Though only one for you shall care, One only speak your praises; And you never wear in your shining hair, A richer flower than daisies.




The daisy's for simplicity and unaffected air.



For more of Today's Flower photos, please click on this link

13 comments:

Niki said...

The daisy is my most favourite flower, even above roses. They are usually what I receive on anniversaries bday etc.

I love how they love packed in a vase on my kitchen table.

Have a happy Sunday
Niki

Carletta said...

I don't know why blogger does that. In this case I like the perspective of the flowers and I like how you've transitioned from the flower to the arrangment.
I remember that song. Having grown up in the 60's and 70's I've worn daisies more than once in my hair.
Lovely post Gill!

Rosamaria said...

The daisy is a simple but beautiful flower. Your pictures are very nice.

Good Sunday, dear!

Karine said...

I've always loved daisies and you've captured them beautifully and shown us some lovely poems about them :o)

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely post Gill, with pretty daisies and all the quotes. Now I am singing Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do in my head. I loved singing it as a child. I think I will be singing it all day now.
An English Girl Rambles

eileeninmd said...

Cute poems and I love the Daisies!

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Daisies are my favourite flowers and the words and rhymes suit them beautifully. A x

lazyclick said...

Very beautiful.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hands down for me, daisies are one of my favorite flowers! I think because my Mom loved them so much. If you don't mind, I do have to add the 2nd verse to your verse--There are a couple of versions to it, but this is the one I know:

Harry, Harry
Here is my answer true.
I can't cycle, for I get black and blue.
If you can't afford a carriage
There won't be any marriage.
For I'll be switched if I'll be hitched
On a bicycle built for two.

I hope you've had a good weekend Gill!! :-))

EG CameraGirl said...

I love daisies too and think they are perfect cut flowers. :)

Winifred said...

I love daisies on the lawn. I know they're weeds but I sill like them. My granddaughter and I make daisy chains just like I used to when I was little. Funny how some of the things children do don't change with the years.

Stella Jones said...

Pretty daisies. Always so cheerful and dainty.
Happy Sunday!
Blessings, Star

Anonymous said...

I love daisies with their lovely faces.
Very nice pictures. Thank you for sharing.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...