Monday, June 14, 2010

Oops, forgot to do a post.......

mind you can't say I have anything interesting to say.  I am bone weary at the moment, I get like this once a month before a certain visitor appears...........enough said.

The humidity has arrived back again, which doesn't help.  We have an air conditioner (a/c) unit sitting on our front deck waiting to be installed, so at least we will have a cooler house this year when it's finally installed.  Dh is doing part of the installation his self.  However as he worked his regular 40 hour week, plus 46 1/2 hours overtime last week, I am not sure when he is going to have the time to do it.  He does start a weeks vacation on Saturday so hopefully next week he will get his part done.

One of the reasons he is taking next week off as he wants to watch the England vs Slovenia game on Wednesday morning.  Mind you if it's anything like the England vs USA game it will be a waste of time watching it.  As dh says England is a bunch of under achievers when it comes to the big games.

Well I guess I had better get on, I have a couple of big loads of laundry to get hung out and then ironed.  The house looks as though a bomb has dropped in it.  I can't see the veggie plot for weeds, and the ten emerald cedars still need to be planted.  Guess I'm going to be busy again.

Enjoy your Monday.  Oh and by the way I can't get this stupid song out of my head.

9 comments:

Sandra said...

Ok, I am not even clicking on "the stupid song" link as than it will be in my head for the whole afternoon:))
It was nice to see my country (Slovenia) mentioned on your blog:)) I hope we win...

Cathy said...

Hello Gill
Thanks for your comment on todays flowers. Have edited my post to say these are photos from Spring Summer - sorry if I misled you
Have spent the weekend outside - nice dry weather for a change - so am now off to bed and rest my weary bones
Take care
Cathy

DeniseinVA said...

I'm dragging a bit too today. Must be that Monday morning feeling. In the low 90s down here. I tend to be even more draggy when it is humid.

An English Girl Rambles.

Karine said...

I get that way too right before my monthly 'visitor'...I also tend to turn into a cleaning fiend though :oJ

As for the stupid song, I'm not clicking on it for fear of it getting stuck my head as well lol

. said...

Good Morning Gill... it's humid hot here in Kentucky also. Going to hit in the 90's. For today, I think the whole world is hot!

The weeds in my yard are the healthiest plants I have! ha.

Try and stay cool...

Jean :)

Unknown said...

I don't get my monthly visitor any more, it was unceremoniously switched off abruptly during having chemotherapy! Can't say I miss it though, but I could do without my faulty thermostat.. hot flushes for 6 years now.. wears me out sometimes! I don't usually bother with football, but had to watch the america v england... it was so frustrating wasn't it! Awful! Have a lovely week! Suzie xxx

MyBulletinBoard said...

Ha! Ha! More fine music!!

Stay cool. Liz, The Republic

Stella Jones said...

Have faith. The lads will get better as the competition gets better and don't forget to give them a really big cheer on Friday when they play Algeria. I had to alter my hairdressing appointment in order to fit it in. Now that's dedication!!!!
Blessings, Star

Lori said...

you're right, it will be in my head for days! What a great "sing a long" song.

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...