Saturday, June 19, 2010

I am so annoyed........

I was busy tidying up the ditch on Friday, but had to pick the garbage up first.  I know it's not Tim Hortons fault, it's their lazy customers fault, but I am so fed up of picking up empty coffee cups from oury property.  Those along with water bottles, juice boxes and beer bottles are thrown down on a daily basis.  I would dearly love to put a big sign up saying:

I DON'T THROW GARBAGE ON YOUR PROPERTY, SO PLEASE STOP THROWING IT ON OUR PROPERTY! 

As dh says that would only make matters worse, but even so.

Then when I went to watch Eastenders on BBC Canada at 12 noon, only to discover it wasn't on.  Would  you believe they have taken it off the air until September????

"EastEnders will return to Canadian television exactly where it left off in Sept. 2010 – please check your local listings at that time for more information."

What the heck, it's bad enough we are already over two years behind as it is, now we'll be even further behind??  I should send them an email.

I only watched the last three minutes of the England vs Algeria game and honestly it was three minutes too much.  I mean what on earth is wrong with them, the English Players?  They seem to be half asleep, or totally not into the game at all.  Unless they pull their socks up and knuckle down I don't think they will be going anywhere in the World Cup!!

Other than that though, things have been super busy again on Friday.  I was busy again in the garden edging and cutting grass.  Managed to get two big loads of laundry washed, dried and ironed, and some tidying up done.

We had an anniverary dinner at Swiss Chalet, nothing exciting, as we had a few errands to run in town, including doing some grocery shopping.  The rest of the weekend is going to be busy, but I am hoping to pop in to visit everyone's blogs at some point.

Enjoy your weekend,

Gill

12 comments:

MyBulletinBoard said...

Happy, happy anniversary!!!

that british woman s brother said...

gill you can watch most bbc programs on the bbc "i" player just go to their website and you can download them
nick

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Gill! I'm catching up on your blog and just wanted to wish you a belated Happy Anniversary!!

I know the frustration you feel about people tossing things onto your property. We have the same problem at times, I just don't get "liter-bugs! ~Enjoy your weekend!!~

Unknown said...

It does annoy me when people just throw rubbish! Especially into someone elses property! Snarl :/
I am glad that you enjoyed your anniversary though!
I watched that appalling football game, it was sooooo boring, I was losing the will to even sit up!
Suzie xx

Grumpy Old Ken said...

And I'm the one that's supposed to be grumpy! Happy anniversary.

Karine said...

I'm glad you went out for your anniversary, my parents used to always go away for the weekend for theirs and leave us with our grandparents! They always went to the same inn, so much that they put their name on a plaque there along with all their other most frequent guests!

Stephanie V said...

Ooh, I hate picking up what other people throw from their cars. Or just toss away as they walk past the house. I know it's not personal. Somehow that makes it worse.

I feel your annoyance at BBC...CBC is always bumping Coronation Street, too.
It just isn't the same watching them on the computer monitor.

. said...

Happy Anniversary! Congrats! :)

Jean

Clippy Mat said...

well I wondered where EE had gone. I am so annoyed. thanks for clearing that up.
September? That's way too far away.
but can we watch the ep's thru the bbc i player as your bro said? off to find out. :-)

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Happy Anniversary from me too Gill.

I agree with you re the England football team but I do not watch football. I'm lucky that husband is happy to just watch the highlights (though they must have been few)and I just go on to bed. A x

Rose said...

I sure know the feeling of picking up other people's trash...and also someone coming along and letting their dog leave their mess in your yard. Either one will send me on a rant...

Evelyn said...

I would send that email, what is more important they feell they need to show?

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...