Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Out and about........

On Monday we had dim sum for lunch.  I have never had that before.  It was in a restaurant that dd had eaten at before.




Now I will say I have no idea what all these items are called.  I liked some things, wasn't too keen on others.  I did however like the Chinese tea that they offered which surprised me.  Overall with the tax and tip it came to $23 for the both of us and we were stuffed.




We saw this sign in another restaurant window.  Look at the description (you may have to click on the photo to get a better look) of the types of noodles!!


Here is a link for my column in the Eden Valley Messenger.  I will say unless you live in the Eden Valley it probably won't be of interest to you this week, as it's all about the gypsies that come to Appleby for the Horse Fair each year.

8 comments:

Caroline said...

I love going into the city for some authentic Yum Cha. Haven't done it for a while so I am nearly ready for another fix!!

MyBulletinBoard said...

You make me hungry! I certainly do miss real Oriental food. Glad you had a good time out and about.

Liz, The Republic

mommanator said...

looks yummy

Lori said...

What a great lunch--you lucky woman! And I just played with your header--more blogs to read.

Decadent Housewife said...

Love, love Dim Sum!

Anonymous said...

The small yellow one with shrimp are called xiu mai, and the big bready ones are usually bao zi. If they are fried and dough is a bit transparent, they are jiao zi.

I love them all!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I've been craving Chinese food for the last week or so, and your post has just added to that!! I really do love good Chinese food...

Jess said...

We love oriental...I personally like Japanese the best.

Hope you are doing well my friend!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...