Monday, June 7, 2010

Downtown Toronto....

This post was supposed to be published on Tuesday. 

Anyhoo......I went downtown Toronto with dd on Monday.  So here are a couple of photos.  They had the neatest dryers in the bathrooms.  You put your hands in them and they blew warm air on them at high speed, and did an amazing job drying your hands.  Just thought it was neat......I know I need to get out more.  Dd was the hand model in this photo, and a fine job she did.

Now the rest of the photos are the view from dd old office.  Her contract expired at her old job and she starts a new job next week for the Provincial Government.  Her old job needed her to show them how to do a report, so we called in there so she could show them how to do the report.

She had a super view from her office window.  She wasn't too high up, she was on the 14th floor.  I think the building is on King and University.



You can see the top of the CN Tower here.
That's the Roy Thomson Hall in the photo below.
You can just see Lake Ontario in this photo.


I will post more about the trip tomorrow.

10 comments:

Caroline said...

Hope your arm is starting to feel better.

Karine said...

Ah, Downtown Toronto, a place I have come to know almost as well as Downtown Montreal :o) The Subway system still confuses me though, the signage is not nearly as well done as it is on the Subway in Montreal.

Tracey said...

OMG! Way too high for me!!!! xxx

that british woman s brother said...

lovely clear photos and the dryer looks a handy thing

Sandra said...

I just love the reflexes of the skyscrapers' windows on the pavement!

Stella Jones said...

Great views of the city. I think 14th floor IS high, isn't it.

I've used those dryers. They are very fierce but very effective and fun, aren't they!

Anonymous said...

Must be a change of scenery for you! I'm more of a city girl myself ;-)

Lavender © said...

I miss home sooo much :( The pictures made me homesick :s

Cathy said...

Hello Gill
The ladies change room at our gym recently had an upgrade and they installed those hand dryers. Fabulous and fast - the best invention yet I think, better than the airy fairy wave your hand around ones
Its been a few years since we were last in Toronto, nice city then, but like most places I'm sure its changed a lot
Take care
Cathy

Rose said...

Don't feel bad...I have not seen that type of hand dryer either. Maybe I should get out more, also.

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...