Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Sealed Pot challenge and Youtube video's....

Back in January of this year I posted about the Sealed Pot Challenge that I was taking part in, the link to the post is here  If you click on that link, you will see a photo of Molly, brought a tear to my eye when I saw it.

Anyhow back to the sealed pot challenge, I opened ours up yesterday and here is what was in it:

There was $96.90 in there which wasn't too bad.  Instead of using it though I popped it back into the pot as that change only filled it maybe 25%.  We will see how much there is in it, in December of 2013, and maybe there will be enough to have a weekend away for my 50th birthday in March of 2014.  So here is a photo of our pot all sealed back up for another year:
If you want to participate in the 2012/2013 sealed pot challenge, you can sign up here.  I was listening to yesterday's Christmas tune on my blog when I took the photo!!

I have site meter on my blog and I happened to look at it on Monday night and look what I saw.  The pages on my blog have been viewed over 500,000.  I know to some of you that's nothing to what people have viewed on their blogs, but to me it's mind blowing and makes me grateful to everyone who visits my blog.  Thank you all!

PAGE VIEWS
  
  Total533,906  
  Average Per Day403  
  Average Per Visit1.9  
  Last Hour17  
  Today380  
  This Week2,824  


I am having so much fun on YouTube finding Christmas music videos.  I loved this group growing up:



Another great song by Boney M:



I posted three book reviews here yesterday if you're interested?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of change Gill! Well done.

j udy said...

I think its a nice amount of money!!! I already have mine going for next year as I opened mine on black friday to finish up my Christmas Shopping.

cathy@home said...

Nostalgia..

Jane and Chris said...

I have to tart up my container today.
Jane x

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

I will give our Looney/Toonie Jar a look today.

Lena said...

Look at all this money...(that's what my 6-year old would say :) You did great this year!

Cheapchick said...

Congrats on the total and the pageviews! That is amazing (I am only at 30,000 just a wee ways to go :))

Unknown said...

That's a great amount Gill. Good idea to save it towards a really special birthday treat in 2014!

I love Boney M! Just brilliant songs.

Sft x

Hawaii Planner said...

Love your plan to save it for your milestone birthday!

Rose said...

I don't have a sealed pot, but I always have a 'bank' to put the loose change in. Right now I have one for each coin...it all adds up.

Anonymous said...

Nice amount of coins. And fantastic blog stats!

Karine said...

Good for you for saving for your birthday! I'm saving for a vacation with my Sweetheart this Summer!

Kaisievic said...

Hi Gill, I am finally organising myself to send my Giveaway gifts out and I realised that I do not have your snail mail address. Could you please email me with it?

Ta, Kaye

bonsaimum said...

Nice tidy sum indeed. :)

EG CameraGirl said...

I like your idea of waiting another year to see how much you've saved...then spending it on your special birthday.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...