Friday, December 21, 2012

First day of Winter today.........

and it feels like it around here.  Gone a lot cooler and snow is forecast....

This week's "Home of the Week," is not my cup of tea and the price of $1.1 million doesn't help the matter.  What they don't show you is what the rest of the street looks like.  This house will stick out like a sore thumb amongst all the older type houses in the street.  I have no idea how they get planning permission to build these eye sores?  It's a very clean finish inside, and I do like the look of the garage out back, but too my mind way, way over priced for what it is.

The "Condo of the Week," is for someone with a lot of money, who wants the space of a house without the upkeep.  At $3.6 million, plus $2,700 a month maintenance fees; but that does include valet parking, you do need to have deep poackets!!  It's okay inside, a little dated, in a prime location, hence the price.  Will give this one a miss though; as I'd rather have a bit of outside space as well for that price!!

The Condo of the week overlooks "Hoggs Hollow," in Toronto, which is an unusual name.  So I googled why the name and here is a few lines from Wikipedia, you can read the whole article here

"Hoggs Hollow is named after Joseph Hogg, a Scotsman who settled in the area in 1824. Hogg operated a whisky distillery and a grist mill, and was viewed as the most successful of all the millers in the valley. The name is usually written without the apostrophe as Hoggs Hollow, but sometimes appears as Hogg's Hollow.

In 1856, John and William Hogg, sons to the late James Hogg, subdivided their father's estate under the name "Hoggs Hollow". The Hoggs Hollow subdivision included one hundred and forty-one lots. With the area full of quick sand, swamps and bogs, only a few houses were actually built at this time, however. the subdivision stood in close proximity to the historic village of York Mills. A school, post office, pottery, blacksmith, livery, stable, store, golf links and clubhouse, hillside cemetery (at Yonge Street and Mill Street) and St. John's Anglican Church served the community, one largely made up of Scottish, Irish and English immigrants."

Today's Christmas song:



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the snow goes easy on you all Gill!

bonsaimum said...

Doesn't she have a great voice, just beautiful.

beagleAnnie said...

Thank you for sharing heart-warming Christmas videos. I really enjoy them every day.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Merry Christmas Gill. Love the video. It is snowing here yeah I am so excited. hug B

Jane and Chris said...

House of the week..the neighbours can see straight in!!!
Snowing here too...(blech)
Jane x

Karine said...

I much prefer the condo of the week to the house. The house looks small and narrow and not very homey.

tlcukjourney said...

I live Susan Boyle...have all of her cd's!
Stay warm Gill!

Rose said...

The home of the week looks institutional in my opinion...who wants to live in a place like that? I am probably the odd man out here....

The condo of the week is right nice...I would not feel quite a home there but I would at least like visiting it.

Jackie McGuinness said...

My first thoughts also was of David Beckham!! Thanks for dropping by and visiting.

I do like the condo but the price, not so much.

It is a little cooler than normal in Las Vegas this week but it makes me happy that the sun is shining!

peppylady (Dora) said...

I guess I live in backward are we don' have much of a planning for the community I live in...People involved in planning and zone is sometime refer to as communism.
No kidding you need deep pocket how about a suit case full of 100 dollar bills for either place.

Coffee is on.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...