Saturday, December 22, 2012

Great new site....

well it's new too me.   Kraft Canada First Taste  it's a site that you can participate in and earn points towards free things.  I also ordered the Samplicious pack again, as it's well worth it.  There are recipes and games and lots of other things to do.  The only negative thing I found was that it's a bit slow to load for me the site, but I have old computers.  If you have a few minutes check it out.  I would think other countries where Kraft products are sold should have something similar, but don't know for sure?

It was "top coat" weather for the horses on Friday:

"Top Coat," is your thick or winter coat I haven't used that expression in a while.  It snowed on and off all day on Friday, but as it was above freezing for most of the day it didn't really amount to much.  Can't say I am that bothered!!!  Other than going to get the mail and emptying the ashes I never left the house.  I have a bloody ear infection, mainly on my right side which sucks.  So I guess if it gets worse out will come the olive oil and cotton balls to put in my ears.  I have suffered from ear infections since I was a small child, so am a pro at dealing with it; could have done without having one now though.

Another classic Christmas song, is the soloist Welsh?:

11 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Oh, Snow! 39 degrees celsius (102 F) tomorrow for us!

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

The weather here has been wet & cold, not delightful whatsoever. I will check out the Kraft site & let our Recipe Exchange know about it too, Gill. Thanks for posting. Did you see the wreath on there that Hope Miller had made for the birds? it is lovely. I shall maybe get her permission to blog her photo. Get your ear back well; we use peroxide. xx

Jane and Chris said...

High winds overnight and more snow than we need...daytime high (with windchill) is minus 17C....just shoot me now!
Jane x

EG CameraGirl said...

Sorry to hear you have an ear infection! I hope you are feeling better soon.

We have a bit of snow today that fell overnight. I'm thinking it might melt before Christmas, though.

Anonymous said...

Hope your ear is better soon, but I wouldn't put anythng like that in my ears. Maybe you need antibiotics. That's the modern medicine for 'ear infections'.

Rose said...

We got the bit of snow night before last, yesterday was sunny but bitter cold and the wind would go right through a person.

I feel for you and the ear infection...I never had but one earache in my life...mom heated a whole onion...don't even think she took the skin off...wrapped it in a hand towel enough till it wouldn't burn me, and had me lay with my ear on it and it quit...I have never forgotten that. I have no idea if it really helped or if it would have quit anyway...but it was hurting pretty bad....

Rose said...

Oh, meant to wish you Merry Christmas in case I don't get to blog much more before then!

Em Parkinson said...

So sorry about your ear and that you've suffered for so many years. I never had any problems with mine until a couple of years ago when I got Labyrinthitis followed by an infection that the nurse sent me away with saying I didn't need to see the doctor. I've ended up half deaf in it thanks to her! Hope you feel better soon and I love the focus in the picture of the horses.

Hawaii Planner said...

ear infections are the worst! Everyone in my family has had ear tube surgery, both of my kids had 10 ear infections their first year . . . it's the pits. Hope you're able to treat yourself at home before you get ill!

Stay warm. :-)

Crazy Acres Rose said...

it's winter wonderland over here Gill.. (Bancroft area).. we had about 10 inches dumped on us between Thursday evening and this morning.. it's beautiful!! love that we will be having a white Christmas, like I remember when I was a kid...my son has been out making snow forts all day today lol

tlcukjourney said...

Well that's me out.
I love a good deal as well!!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...