Wednesday, December 19, 2012

More photos from last week's" Ladies who Lunch" outing

(THIS POST WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR THURSDAY, BUT I POSTED IT TODAY BY ACCIDENT!!)

Bet you thought I had forgotton about them!!!  Just had other things to post about, but finally found a slot.

Jane and I called in at a store called Kiki LaRuse.  With a name like that is sounds a bit kinky to me, how about you?  It wasn't though and the lady was super nice in there.

I thought this was a lamp at first, but couldn't see the lightbulb.  Turns out to be a piece of art.  Nice but useless don't you think?
The samll lamp on the wood block was not part of the original piece.

I LOVED the fabric combinations of these pouches and thought of you Carla.

Some more art work, love the bottom picture:
I adore poppies, so this picture caught my eye as well.

The store features local and Canadian artists, all things are hand made and the store is in Orillia.  They do not have a web site, but do have an email if anyone wants it?

Today's Christmas song is just lovely:

8 comments:

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

What a neat little shop.

Jane and Chris said...

You need a while to take everything in ...the store was fabulous!
Jane x

Rose said...

I would definitely enjoy visiting that place...love seeing what people make.

Karine said...

That looks like a nice little crafty shop!

Lena said...

I just love little local stores like this! You can find some very unique stuff there. I love the picture with poppies too.

tlcukjourney said...

Hi there Gill, How are you? I love your post on my blog, it was so true, and I needed to hear it. We often know in our hearts, our 6th sense tells us, why can't women remember that?
Also, It looks like that was a very colorful artsy place!
Have a very Merry Christmas!

Aodhnait said...

Love Celtic Women!

~Carla~ said...

You always find the best little shops! I just love stores like that... the poppy painting is beautiful!!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...