Monday, December 3, 2012

Frugaldom and other things

We're in for another warm spell over the next couple of days, so as long as it stays dry it will be a good opportunity to pick up fallen twigs outside, all in the hopes of making things easier on me next Spring.

For those of you who have been following me for a while, know I am am a big fan of Swagbucks.  I cashed in $40 worth of points last month which was good.  I have cashed in $15 worth of points so far this month, but as you see I have very few swagbucks left.  So I need to get another 900 Swagbucks this month to cash in for another two $5 Amazon gift cards, then work away at building up my balance again.  Any questions regarding Swagbucks leave me a comment with your email address and I'll get back to you, I WON'T PUBLISH IT.

Here's a neat idea on Frugaldom:

How to Take Part in the 2013 Frugaleur Challenge

Official launch date - Monday 12th November 2012, to celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week. Feel free to join in at anytime.

This section is about the 2013 moneymaking challenges. Moneysaving and frugal living challenges have their own section.

These challenges have been running for several years, each based on setting up and running your own home-based enterprise in order to generate some extra income.

In 2012, we capped the initial start-up costs at £10, with NYK Media offering to finance any start-ups who genuinely couldn't afford to spare £10. I am pleased to say that of those who took part this year, nobody has reported a loss and NYK Media isn't out of pocket.

So long as your business idea is legal and your new frugal business is set up and operated within the word of the law, then the world is your oyster. For past participants of the frugaleur challenges (previously known as Cyberdosh challenges), joining the 2013 project involves minimum investment to take your existing business to the next level.

Suggestions please... we need to decide on the amount used to get a new frugal business started for 2013 and, likewise, how much to allow for further investment to expand if it's your existing micro-business.
Edit - Initial investment maximum = £50

Should we run a public list of challengers by username? I prefer using lists and have done so, often, in the past both here and on other sites. A list makes it easier to show who started when - we do tend to get a few late-comers, so feedback needed on this, too.
Edit - Challenger list will be included here.

Make the first step now, join us here and share your thoughts on starting your own frugal business or further developing the one you have already begun. Research costs virtually nothing and we're all here to support one another n our quest for success.

To start your own thread and start recording yur progress, simply click on the 'New Topic' button at the top left of this page and insert your username into the subject line.

Good luck to all our 2013 Frugaleurs!


I am racking my brain for ideas on what to do as it seems like a neat idea.  Here is a link to the post


Love the new Adele song Skyfall.  Have you seen the movie?

This is one of my all time favourite Christmas songs:

6 comments:

Fishcake_random said...


Hi,
I've never heard of Swagbucks, I'm guessing it's an American thing?
And great choice of the song, it's my favourite too

x x x

Buttons Thoughts said...

Never heard of Swagbucks but it sounds very interesting. I love Adele and would love to see the movie with my 007 fan husband. B

Jane and Chris said...

I don't like Adele's stuff but I LOVE this!
Jane x

Connie said...

Hey Gill, I was unable to sign up with a referral to you, as apparently I had signed up way back in '09 under my existing e-mail addy and then promptly forgot about it. Just think about all the cash I have missed out on. But now I'm right into it. Thanks so much for the reminder on your blog. :)

Karine said...

It's mild up here as well! I wish it would go down to around -5 and stay there so we could get snow rather than rain! I hate rain at this time of year!

I saw the new James Bond movie and loved it!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Swagbucks only time I've heard of it is on your blog.
I do a thing called my points I save them up and get a major item...I'm thinking of getting a lap top next September.
Can't complain about the weather haven't had to shovel very little snow.
Coffee is on

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...