Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Out and about and another Christmas video

I was out and about on Tuesday.  It was our 6 monthly check up at the dentist.  Went well the hygienist who cleaned my teeth is a love, I like it when she cleans my teeth and we talk as much as she cleans.  Her sister works in the movie world as a special effects coordinator, and she always has lots of interesting stories about what movie her sister is working at the moment.

Met "R" at her work for lunch.  She's looking well, but not 8 months pregnant.  However both her and the baby are healthy which is the main thing.

Do you know I deleted 270 Spam messages on Wednesday afternoon.  The oldest being from December 1st, I am averaging a minimum of 70 Spam messages a day if not more.  Most are going directly to Spam but some are finding their way through to the regular comments.  I have no idea what to do, and as I don't read Russian I have no idea what they are saying?  Any ideas on what I should do?

This was a huge hit when I was 20, and I can more or less name everyone in the video.  Had a thought though when watching this, this time............do none of them own combs or hair brushes?
Didn't have that thought back then............maybe I am getting old?

9 comments:

Dc said...

If your spam is anonymous, you could set your blog to not allow any and say sorry to anyone who wishes to give a genuine comment.

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

I am having the same problem Gill, so I am thinking it is another gliche in the system they are getting through maybe?

Jane and Chris said...

Oh yes, that song...my Dad used to grumble every time he heard it!!
Jane x

EG CameraGirl said...

I have had a few spam mesages get through too. Hmmm.

tlcukjourney said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT VIDEO AND SONG!!!
The Cockney and I listen to it even when it's not Christmas!
Also... how on earth do you talk at the same time you're getting your teeth cleaned? That made me smile!

Rose said...

I have my comments set to no anonymous, and have that I moderate it on posts older than 3 or 4 days..maybe even 5....I think I used to have it set to moderate if over three days old.

If they still get through you could set it till you moderate it all the time.

Could you use the google translator or bing translator to translate what is said? I do that sometimes if I think something is spam.

Hawaii Planner said...

My blog must be too boring for spammers, because I'm not getting any. :-)

DeniseinVA said...

Spam comments are crazy lately, I'm getting loads exactly as you have described. One reason I went to comment moderation. Lovely song!

bonsaimum said...

I must be boring or lucky because I don't get spam-thank goodness. :)

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...